MasterCard Lead Technical Writer in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Writer
The Developer Relations team’s mission is to create an outstanding experience for developers, engaging them in the communities where they live and supporting them with the right resources and programs as they learn about Mastercard and integrate to our suite of APIs and platforms.
Mastercard has an opportunity to provide a lot of value and technical leadership to the developer community. Aside from running run one of the biggest networks in the world processing billions of transactions through card payments and APIs, we are world leaders in security, networking, security/cryptography, AI/Machine Learning, data analytics and all of it globally and at huge scale.
As Lead Technical Writer, your mission will be to educate the external developer communities about what Mastercard can do for them and provide them along with value-add tooling to help them integrate and get their visionary products to market at the speed they want to move at. You will be integral in crafting our developer relations strategy and executing on this critical piece of our vision.
• Produce high-quality feature guides, Developer/Tech articles, technical content together with subject matter experts and technical staff across API services
• Build our DevRel content plan and shape the development of our content with your writing expertise
• Interview customers / users and internal developer / engineers teams to build content and understand improvement areas
• Lead our community engagements across blog, social media and other channels
• Provide editorial oversight for technical Subject Matter Experts creating content
• Re-purposing internal documentation for publishing externally
• Generating innovative ideas for content while working both independently and collaboratively
• Writing for a developer audience using appropriate tone and language for the audience
• Act as an evangelist across channels
• Host and manage webinars, tutorials and other content across our community
• Work with API Product Owners to create engaging product landing pages
• Utilize market trends, hot topics and product news to craft storytelling across formats
• Manage all content versioning and editorial processes
All About You:
• A passion for a wide range of developer products and tools with a strong desire to engage with the developer community
• Demonstrated ability to upskill on new technologies/frameworks/tools
• Compelling story teller with an ability to communicate complex technology simply to technical and non-technical audiences
• Enthusiastic about educating and enabling others and helping developers solve problems
• Experience writing/organizing/publishing technical documentation, blogs, and newsletters that are geared towards a developer audience
• Experience writing technical documentation for APIs along with tutorials, how-to guides, blogs etc.
• Experience with publishing media content like blogs/vlogs
• Have a portfolio of published technical content
Not required, but would make you stand out:
• Experience in a direct, hands-on community or end-user focused role such as developer advocacy and technical community management
• Experience speaking at developer events like conferences and meet-ups.
• Experience in software development and coding to API's across a range of languages and frameworks
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $132,000 - $205,000
Remote New York Salary Range: $105,600 - $164,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-187762