MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer - Targeting Analytics Program
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Our team within Mastercard – Data & Services:
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that are used by some of the world's largest organizations to make multi-million dollar decisions and grow their businesses. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Targeting Analytics Program:
Within the D&S Technology Team, the Targeting Analytics program is a relatively new program that is comprised of a rich set of products that provide accurate perspectives on Credit Risk, Portfolio Optimization, and Ad Insights. Currently, we are enhancing our customer experience with new user interfaces, moving to API-based data publishing to allow for seamless integration in other Mastercard products and externally, utilizing new data sets and algorithms to further analytic capabilities, and generating scalable big data processes.
We are looking for an innovative Lead Software Engineer who will lead the team responsible for the design and build of a full stack web application and data pipelines, and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment. This individual will partner closely with other areas of the business to build and enhance solutions that drive value for our customers. Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. The range of work you will encounter varies from building intuitive, responsive UIs to designing backend data models, architecting data flows, and beyond. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work best for its members and projects.
Here are a few examples of products in our space:
• Portfolio Optimizer (PO) is a solution that leverages Mastercard’s data assets and analytics to allow issuers to identify and increase revenue opportunities within their credit and debit portfolios.
• Audiences uses anonymized and aggregated transaction insights to offer targeting segments that have high likelihood to make purchases within a category to allow for more effective campaign planning and activation.
• Credit Risk products are a new suite of APIs and tooling to provide lenders real-time access to KPIs and insights to make smarter risk decisions using Mastercard data.
Help found a new, fast-growing engineering team!
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
• Provide strategic technical and product direction for applications, architectures, and software development processes
• Design and develop new, complex technical products from inception to release
• Manage, coach, and develop a cross-functional engineering team
• Partner with product development on the product roadmap, scoping features, and planning releases
• Champion technical innovation and high quality within the team
• Collaborate across teams and business units to solve complex problems
• Lead goal setting and accountability practices within the engineering team
• Continuously experiment and innovate to develop a high performing engineering team
• Be a strong individual contributor to the implementation efforts of product solutions
• Lead with an agile mindset and pivot fast and often as new information surfaces
• Keep senior stakeholders informed of progress and incorporate input into technical decisions
• Identify short term and long-term engineering needs to scale platform solutions to meet customer demand
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• 5+ years of full stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
• Experience leading engineering work and/or coaching and mentoring junior teammates
• Experience leading the design and implementation of large, complex features in full-stack applications
• Experience leading a large technical effort that spans multiple people and teams
• Proficiency with Java/Spring Boot, .NET/C#, React, Redux, Typescript, and SQL Server or other object-oriented languages, front-end frameworks, and/or relational database technologies
• Strong technologist with proven track record of learning new technologies and frameworks
• Customer-centric development approach
• Passion for analytical / quantitative problem solving
• Experience identifying and implementing technical improvements to development processes
• Collaboration skills with experience working with people across roles and geographies
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161295