MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Are you a software engineer who wants to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development? At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. Mastercard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions.
Lead Software Development Engineering in Data & Services
As a Lead Software Development Engineer on the Data & Services Technologies team, you’ll hold a valued role within a rapidly growing and successful business unit, working closely with experienced and driven senior engineers to solve problems as a team. Innovative product opportunities, modern business questions, and intricate datasets present uniquely challenging problems that we are eager to take on. The Mastercard D&S next-generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. Our fintech software unlocks business insights from massive datasets in an interactive platform to drive multi-million dollar business decisions for our clients. We are rapidly expanding our product offerings and innovating on how we deliver our solutions. We are looking for an innovative software engineer with front end expertise who can play a leading role in helping us scale our platform development and tackle the big challenges of the future.
As a member of the Mastercard Intelligence team, you will bring your technical knowledge and development skills to build, deploy, and scale real-time interactive applications for thousands of clients across the globe. The team will consist of developers focused on building a platform that leverages Mastercard data and combines it with 3rd party and clients' data to power applications that help track performance and identify untapped opportunities. You will have the chance to build a high-performance analytics platform that advances how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from Mastercard data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter can vary from front-end web development (Is this true? -Jason) to writing server-side calculation code to database work. There are no rigid organizational structures at Mastercard; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
As a Lead Software Engineering on the Mastercard Intelligence team, you will:
• Develop and own full-stack applications using .NET and modern web development technologies, such as React and Typescript
• Design and develop state of the art service-oriented software architectures
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Serve as a technical resource for team members and mentor junior engineers and team members
• Collaborate with partners teams across broader Mastercard (Software Delivery, Corporate Security, Privacy and Data Protection, Global Product Management, Graphite Design System)
• Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering practices through working on a scrum-size team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit
• Continuously innovate and determine new technologies to improve our product suite
All About you:
• Proficiency with advanced object-oriented programming
• Deep technical foundation in front end development.
• Prior experience with single page application design, and patterns in state management and async data fetching
• Experience working with design systems.
• Ability to own technical features spanning across multiple teams
• Strategic mindset when it comes to evolving services and components
• Proven track record of innovating and leveraging new technology
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on scrum-size project teams
• Passion for/experience in proactively mentoring junior engineers to grow their technical skills and find meaningful opportunities
• Solid technical foundation with a degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $181,700 - $281,750
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-169475