MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer-2 in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer-2
Lead Software Engineer:
Access Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational security capabilities for application teams. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
Access Services is looking for an experienced Lead Software Development Engineer to lead a team specializing in development of API and web security products . This team builds and maintains the security platform used by internal and external facing application across MasterCard.
• Design and implement microservices, APIs to drive platform integrations across web and mobile platforms
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build interfaces and systems that can evolve to meet critical business needs
• Build our platforms--infrastructure, applications and tools using your expertise in distributed systems, large compute clusters and petabyte-scale storage infrastructure
• Scale distributed applications in a highly-available 24x7 environment, make architectural trade-offs applying design patterns and disciplined execution
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
• Prior experience maintaining petabyte scale web applications, API designs, web service integrations
• Best practices in Web development, concept validations, experimentation, A/B testing, CI/CD
• 7+ years of development experience or 5+ years with an advanced degree
• Prior real-word experience and demonstrable knowledge in Java and SpringBoot
• Experience architecting and/or developing concurrency, multithreading and synchronization in large-scale distributed systems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-131708