MasterCard Lead Product Manager (Technical) in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager (Technical)
About the organization
MasterCard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
· We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
· We empower customers to make better data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
· We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
About the product
Mastercard Intelligence Center is at the heart of a world-class analytics eco-system built on a universe of transactional and behavioral data. It helps customers across the globe make smarter data-driven decisions and move the needle on their business performance. Our Product Managers are listening to our customers and driving new innovations in self-service analytics and diagnostics.
We are currently on a transformation journey to further evolve our platform and this is a great opportunity to be part of a high-growth, diverse and innovative team.
About the role
The Business intelligence product team is seeking an accomplished Lead Product Manager (Technical) to support the evolution of its flagship Mastercard Intelligence Center (MIC) and Acquirer Intelligence Center (AIC) products.
As a member of the BI program organization within the Mastercard Data & Services division, the Lead Product Manager-Technical will own the design, development, maintenance, and deployment of new experiences and front-end features for MIC and AIC products.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Balance the long-term direction of products with today’s needs and constraints by understanding the technical, competitive, and commercial contexts of our products.
• Drive globally relevant solutions by understanding regional needs and tradeoffs and build scalable products that serve an array of customer segments.
• Lead requirements discussions with internal and external customer constituencies and elaboration with the Software Engineering team to define acceptance criteria and stories.
• Maintain the conceptual and technical integrity of features and stories throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Partner with user experience (UX) designers, data engineers, software engineers, and technology teams (internal and external) to refine business requirements, prioritize work, develop technical capabilities, and enhance customer experiences.
• Anticipate, manage, plan, communicate, and coordinate dependencies.
• Contribute to software development planning sessions, backlog management and grooming, objective setting, and prioritization.
• Lead feature elaboration and story definition with Software Engineering team to assist in estimation and sequencing.
• Manage work items and resources using software development lifecycle and other tools.
• Continuously shepherd feature development through inception to deployment and customer launch.
• Review demos with Software Engineering team against acceptance criteria, ensuring stories meet user needs and comply with the definition of done.
• Identify issues that may keep the product from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicates to leadership.
• Improve team processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality.
• Be an expert and evangelist for product capabilities to internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop, maintain, and extend product artifacts, including documentation, release notes, sales material, and roadmaps.
All About You
• Agile in learning the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting the products. This includes business requirements, use cases, Mastercard customer’s experience guidelines, back-office systems, technical stack, interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations, and maintenance.
• Understands and can explain business context and use cases.
• Proficient at software development backlog grooming and prioritization.
• Understand the technologies supporting the product and be able to hold productive conversations with other Product Managers Technical (PMT), Technical Project Managers (TPM), Software Engineers, and Strategic Program Managers (SPM).
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
• Clear and concise oral and written communications abilities.
• A bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer science, Information systems, Analytics) and relevant experience.
• Able to work on multiple, diverse tasks and to set and manage priorities and communicate effectively both horizontally and vertically within a large and diverse organization.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $137,000 - $212,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-181260