MasterCard Lead Java Developer in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Java Developer
Lead Software Engineer:
Access Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
Access Services is looking for an experienced Lead Software Development Engineer to lead a team specializing in development of API and web security products . This team builds and maintains the security platform used by internal and external facing application across MasterCard.
Lead technical Engineer at MasterCard is a technology leader within the organization and spearheads the system architecture, design and creating the implementations. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. He or she may also be required to administer training throughout various phases of the development cycle. Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
• Successfully lead definition, development, and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications. Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, quantify costs, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits, and constraints. Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions. Actively look for opportunities for Innovation and creative problem solving. Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
• Perform Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies per the needs of the organization. Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department. Lead creation of roadmaps that align with the department strategy and long-term business vision and objectives. Coach and mentor team members, enable knowledge sharing via brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies, and application appropriate frameworks.
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization. Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project, and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project. Plan overall project scope and define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
• Provide integration design and guidance to business partners for external party (merger or vendor) integrations with the rewards platform, ensuring security policies are properly enforced and technological due diligence is performed.
• Instruct and guide the team to ensure that appropriate processes and documentation is in use by the team. Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead, and enforce development of artifacts throughout the solution development lifecycle.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills, and organizational skills.
• Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
• Hands on experience required and will be part of the day-to-day activities
• Detailed experience at designing enterprise grade distributed and reactive systems that involve
• Software Architecture and Design Principles, Patterns, Methodology, Domain Concepts ( Architecture and Design Skills )
• GOF, Java EE Blueprints, Software Architecture Patterns
• Design Principles including SOLID, YAGNI, DRY and others.
• Security Patterns
• Combination of more than one technology platform including
• Micro services Architecture working experience
• Experience with modern web, distributed, event driven Architecture
• Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Node JS, or Express JS or similar, Web & Application Server ( Server App Design & Technology Skills ), Web Services, SOAP, WS-Security, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
• Application Security including Information security principles & realization, web app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
• Experience designing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking, or payment solutions
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test-driven development
• Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master’s degree in related discipline Preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142917