MasterCard Labs as a Service Product Innovation Lead in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Labs as a Service Product Innovation Lead
• Mastercard Labs as a Service is a leading-edge global innovation capability, delivering a range of innovation programs which incorporate the best in design thinking and agile development processes.
• Labs as a Service supports our customers and partners with Innovation and R&D consultation - delivering customized innovation programs, products and support - tailored to meet client-specific business challenges.
• This role within Labs as a Service act as a lead sprint master for facilitating all product / process engagements on behalf of customers and internal stakeholders alike.
• This role is a key customer focused role for Labs as a Service which requires a confident, experienced facilitator with a deep understanding and experience in three core disciplines – ideation methodologies, rapid prototyping and design sprints and agile product management.
• This person will be a lead advocate for innovation within the Mastercard customer base, serving as one of the faces of Mastercard Labs externally in North America & globally.
Questions to consider:
• Are you passionate about product innovation and want to work with some of the world’s biggest brands to create innovative product prototypes & run programs to improve their innovation culture and methodologies?
• Are you a world class facilitator with a passion for people, technology innovation, agile prototype development and new product design?
• Does playing a key playmaker role in supporting teams who are innovating and developing leading edge technology solutions excite you?
• Have you the capability to think on your feet, analyze, structure and summarize lots of information to drive decisions, be hugely creative, cajole, encourage and negotiate all at the same time?
• Own the orchestration, execution and successful delivery of multiple customer engagements for Client, including innovation consulting, execution of innovation culture programs and delivery of Mastercard innovation products.
• Lead groups through activities such as envisioning / ideation, product planning, issue resolution, action planning, assumptions testing & product prototyping, requirements gathering, prioritization and scoping.
• Create new innovation tools and templates, collate of existing best in class methods to create standardized methodologies & practices for rapid innovation.
• Facilitate client events, using best practice processes and techniques in the area of design thinking, ideation methodologies, agile development (design sprints and rapid prototyping) and in agile product management.
• Lead cross-functional execution teams and large groups of professionals with multi-faceted skills sets and different motivations/ agendas to create new product innovations.
• Keep informed on emerging technologies and innovations in the payments and commerce space and identify potential opportunities for the LaaS team to develop product prototypes that would be relevant to the customer base.
• Explore and support development of Mastercard Labs’ relationships with external parties such as other innovation entities, Labs organizations, and colleges/universities
Knowledge / Experience Preferred:
• Demonstrated experience in product innovation and consulting.
• Be a highly skilled group facilitator—with a wealth of experience leading multi-disciplinary groups through such activities as strategic planning, journey mapping, issue resolution, brainstorming and requirements gathering/definition.
• High energy, can-do attitude, very strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed with commensurate analytical and strategic skills.
• Executive-level presentation skills—must have persuasive “presence” and ability to effectively communicate technology to business people and business to technology people
• Understanding / experience of innovation frameworks and practical technology application experience.
• Payments technology knowledge or experience in the industry is a huge advantage
Skills / Abilities (Desired):
• Organized, with an ability to provide expert facilitation skills in environments where the team agenda is not clear and the obvious solutions are not always the most appropriate.
• Leadership skills—must be able to influence others and navigate complex relationship scenarios & must be able to influence others without direct reporting relationships.
• Will value and promote having strong processes as a way of achieving consistent, high quality, repeatable results.
• Experience in management consultancy, product owner or scrum-master roles would be very relevant
• Ability to act effectively as a brand ambassador
• Willingness to travel as needed. Note role is primarily based in New York City.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161679