MasterCard Director, Technology Strategy and Transformation in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Technology Strategy and Transformation
Director, Technology Strategy and Transformation
The Director, , Technology Strategy and Transformation is responsible for owning and driving the strategy and execution of Mastercard Operations &Technology (O&T) priorities. This role leads the delivery of one or more Strategic Objectives from strategy definition to planning and through to execution success by (a) developing the strategy with corporate leaders and (b) leading a team of diverse Subject Matter Experts and Mastercard stakeholders. Furthermore, it is upon the Director to ensure the use of technology-based systems and processes (e.g., automation and analytics) to ensure solutions deliver efficient, secure, and effective experiences.
1/ Driving the Technology Transformation by co-leading the delivery of one or more Strategic Objectives
• Plays a coordinating role in developing, formulating and communicating corporate technology strategies and objectives Creating and implementing the strategy, roadmap, resourcing and business cases to drive and deliver one or more Mastercard’s Strategic Objectives
• Partners with business leaders (e.g., Head of Product, Head of Services) to design, evaluate and advance their technology strategies, ensuring alignment with corporate strategy
• Supporting and driving the use of leading practices to execute complex initiatives spanning different large teams/ stakeholders and geographies
• Observing market trends and evolutions, monitors the organization's needs and performances against targets and evaluates potential issues in order to implement action plans
• Coordinating closely with O&T leaders to drive alignment and dependencies between different priorities
2/ Supporting up a best-in-class transformation operating model and organization and serve as liaison across stakeholders
• Engaging with team members by creating a motivating work environment that recognizes, holds team members accountable, and rewards strong performance.
• Supporting the assignment of clear tasks and objectives and establishing performance indicators for monitoring results versus objectives
• Promoting development and sharing of best practices and knowledge that build on the MasterCard’s abilities to proactively address risks and priorities
All about you
• Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management and creative resourcefulness
• Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
• Ability to connect both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, cultivate entrepreneurship and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team to put people in a position to succeed
• Commitment to ethical, accountable, and transparent leadership
• Experience in the payments domain desirable
• Highly developed presentation, facilitation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Politically savvy collaborator and consensus builder with a track record of bringing people together around a common cause
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering or equivalent work or education-related experience. Master of Business Administration or other advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience as a leader with the ability to attract, recruit, and develop talent
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131993