MasterCard Director, Tech Hub Operations (Employee Experience & Engagement) - NYC in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Tech Hub Operations (Employee Experience & Engagement) - NYC
Director, Technology Hub (Employee Experience)
Mastercard develops and delivers a suite of products and platforms which facilitate and enhance payments across a number of segments. Our development teams lead the development and delivery of highly available, multi-user products offered to Mastercard’s customers, built with operational health and security engrained across all functions. These teams are global in nature and work out of Technology Hubs. The Technology Hub Lead is responsible for implementing the strategy to optimize the customer & employee engagement within a specific Technology Hub as well as ensuring alignment across the global hubs.
The individual must have experience working with various stakeholders, including C-Level executives, a deep understanding of delivering customer facing programs at scale, possess executive presence across influential stakeholders, and be a skilled leader to support Tech hub operations, strategy, delivery of customer and employee engagement programs and services across local hub.
This individual will be responsible for creating a workplace experience program that leverages technology, workplace design, amenities, and services to help drive employee engagement and retention for our client – ensuring people feel productive, healthy, and happy in a frictionless workplace.
This role will leverage employee data (both quantitative and qualitative) to build a program that takes the employee workplace experience to the next level, partnering with cross functional teams to implement the strongest and most meaningful solutions.
We are looking for a visionary, highly collaborative leader who is comfortable navigating through ambiguity to create a structured, programmatic approach to workplace experience initiatives.
• Align a top down strategic view of work flow and resource management with bottoms up development team strategy
• Work with cross functional teams in Facilities Management, Design, Strategy and Communications to build and implement Client-specific programs focused on delivering exceptional employee experiences in the workplace.
•Collaborate with cross functional teams to obtain Voice of the Customer data (quantitative and qualitative) to capture service needs. Provide analysis and share information with leadership and cross functional teams.
• Partner with the business of neighborhood and colocation strategies
• Partner with product and Engineering organizations to best enable their strategy at a tech hub level
•Design and help implement experience related guidelines, best practices, and standards for employees and cross-functional service teams.
•Continuously evaluate and identify innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery to maximize the employee experience.
•Develop short and long term tactical plans and programs for the innovation of workplace amenities and services based on strategic plans and user data.
Employee engagement and culture transformation
• Drive an engaged workforce with a focus on exemplifying the Mastercard Way
• Demonstrate leadership and executive presence to create a winning and cohesive culture
• Continue to build internal and external brand awareness with a focus on technology and innovation
• Implement change management initiatives with a view to engaging employees on the journey
Manage workstreams that support employee and community engagement including:
• University partnerships
• Diversity organizations
• Technology leadership discussions
• Innovation challenges and hack-a-thons
• CSR Activities
• Track record building organizational capabilities focused on technical and professional skills as well as organizational culture and employee engagement
• Executive presence to work with senior leaders within Mastercard and with our customers
• Ability to develop work flow, development and delivery strategies to support agile product development teams
• Experience working with public/private partnerships, NGOs, government and community organizations
• Experience working with and/or managing multiple functional areas within technology such as technical architecture, software development, system testing, and production support
• Experience leading & inspiring large, multi-cultural, and global teams to deliver on business objectives
• Experience working with global companies and managing diverse set of stake holders
• Excel in event planning and strategic communications, and measuring the success for the work you do.
• Proven ability to coach and mentor senior level managers without direct level reporting
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-157969