MasterCard Director, Program Management in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Program Management
Are you a program manager who wants to work for a company that offers an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
This role would support our Enterprise Shared Service group, helping to drive out an initiative to increase the adoption across the enterprise.
We are looking for experienced technical program management professionals to join our team and help us build towards the future. Our Program Managers conceptualize, rationalize, and drive multiple simultaneous projects to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our scrum execution model. In this role, you get to dive as deep as you want into the tech stack, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems.
In this role you will provide each line of business a single point of contact to better align technology investments and assets to deliver expected business and financial benefits:
• Work with business partners to align business and IT roadmaps, provide IT solutions to business opportunities, gather and document requirements, and prioritize projects in light of the economic measures and business cases for the line of business
• Manage all technology aspects for the line of business from project development through operational excellence, providing transparency to our business partners across all technology and operational needs
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Knowledge and experience in payments, the mobile and/or ecommerce market and technologies
• Knowledge in the areas of strategy, planning and project management preferred
· Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy
· Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs in agile delivery models (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
· Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
· Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
· Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
· BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-149396