MasterCard Director, Product Management, MDES Authorization Services in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, MDES Authorization Services
Mastercard’s digital payments strategy is accelerating the transition from physical card payments to digital payments, using mobile phones and other devices to support issuers, merchants, and wallet providers. Consumers are expanding their range of digital activity across channels/devices every day, and you can be a key contributor in driving this evolution.
The MDES Global Product Management team leads this effort by:
• Setting the Digital Payments product strategy and creating compelling product offerings to meet the needs of the various customer segments
• Ensuring the robust, market-ready quality of MDES services
• Delivering increased security and convenience to consumers by managing the tokenization of Mastercard accounts for issuers
• Fostering consistency within the industry by overseeing the strategy for the adoption of token-related standards developed through EMVCo.
The role is immediately responsible for an individual to join the MDES Global Product Management team and help manage MDES Authorization services during transaction processing:
• Become a subject matter expert in MDES Authorization Services during transaction processing.
• Lead the definition and implementation of “Digital Transaction Services (DTS)”, a new mission-critical digital platform that will integrate with Mastercard’s New Switch in order to perform key digital services during authorization processing such as token domain controls, CVC2 validation, and SLI validation amongst others.
• Work with digital product and technology partners to identify, define, and lead the implementation of key strategic transaction processing initiatives
• Work independently, managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Ensure that issuers, acquirers, and their service providers are informed of MDES Authorization changes that will impact them, their consumers and business partners.
• Represent the product team in support of production changes that may occur with the MDES product platform.
• Represent the product team in Mastercard technical customer conferences as needed.
All About you
• 10+ years of relevant work experience with at least 6 years in Product Management or Business Analysis, and at least 4 years in transaction processing.
• Self-motivated, with strong leadership skills, and a proven track record of successful delivery working with multi-disciplinary technical and product teams.
• Outstanding record of building and managing products that deliver new payments industry services, including experience launching new initiatives with non-traditional payment providers in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple and competing priorities.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to grasp product strategy; but will also be able to quickly switch to understanding technical detail level when supporting customer requirements, designing new features, and when issue resolution is required.
• Excellent project management skills, detail-oriented, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to write clear and effective product documentation from business requirements, through to implementation guides and promotional materials.
• Experience working with Agile and Waterfall SDLC
• Payment tokenization
• Transaction processing
• Credit and debit card transactions
• ISO-8583 message format a definite plus
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree or MBA a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131075