MasterCard Director, Product Management - Advisors in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management - Advisors
MasterCard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction.
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
The MasterCard Data & Services global product team is seeking an accomplished Product Director to lead the evolution of its Mastercard Market Trends product.
Mastercard Market Trends is at the heart of a business intelligence eco-system built on a universe of market data and payment insights. It helps customers across the globe make smarter decisions, stay competitive and embrace new trends. Our Product Managers are listening to our customers and driving new innovations in self-service market insights.
We are currently on a transformation journey to further evolve our platform, integrating it with all the others business intelligence platforms in a seamless customer experience, as part of one program, and this is a great opportunity to be part of a high-growth, diverse, agile and innovative team.
Product Management in Data & Services at Mastercard
• Translate a deep understanding of our customers into products and solutions that drive significant customer value
• Balance the long-term direction of a product with today’s needs and constraints by fully understanding the technical, competitive, and commercial contexts of our products
• Act as connectors to ensure the commercial success of our products by working with Sales and Marketing while ensuring technical success through close partnership with Technology teams
• Drive globally-relevant solutions by understanding regional needs and tradeoffs, and build scalable products that serve an array of customer segments
• Set product direction with coordination, not isolation—taking into account how our products all work together to serve customer needs
• Own, define and deliver end-to-end strategy for multiple features for the Mastercard Market Trends product from inception to launch, both as a standalone product and as a key component of overall business intelligence program
• Design and conduct user research, including customer interviews, in order to deepen understanding of customers’ pain points, motivations and opportunities
• Translate business priorities into clear, actionable technical requirements for engineering team/third parties
• Work closely with engineering teams, technical third parties, designers and operational teams to prioritize development efforts as they align against product strategy
• Manage end to end the contractual relationship with all the technical third parties suppliers including the contract scoping for new developments and SLA monitoring
• Makes creative technical decisions to add functionality, accelerate time to market, and improve feasibility
• Ensure consistent alignment between business priorities and development objectives
• Oversee timely and high-quality execution of creation of technical requirements, including testing functionalities before releasing in production environment
• Partner with Customer Experience team to design intuitive, highly relevant features that are of maximum value to clients
• Lead the Studio process for features enhancements, building strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to achieve product goals
• Ensure Trends platform maintenance by managing open ticket SLA/prioritization with vendors/tech team and managing directly Drupal interface for easy updates like taxonomy changes, language settings, other site settings
All About You
• Agile product management experience in business intelligence solutions.
• Experience in managing analytical solutions designed for payments or related financial services sectors preferred.
• Solutions-oriented skillset with the ability to drive thought leadership.
• Experience designing, executing and distilling user research to drive value for the customer, an outstanding user experience and stickiness
• Keen understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends in the data monetization, self-service analytics and predictive insights space, and the ability to translate that understanding into meaningful actions and enhancements
• Proven track record collaborating in cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding products and features
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interface with clients
• Highly organized and able to deal with multiple and competing priorities
• Knowledge and skills using product management tools, (e.g. market and product plans, project timelines, marketing research, pricing, business case development)
• Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant experience
• Technical background (e.g. Computer Science or related field) a plus
• Advanced degree is helpful
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136379