MasterCard Director, Product Development, Mastercard Provenance Solution (Mastercard Labs) in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Development, Mastercard Provenance Solution (Mastercard Labs)
The Mastercard Provenance Solution Director in Mastercard Labs will lead the global efforts to drive differentiated features into the Mastercard Provenance Solution, which is an industry-agnostic set of capabilities designed to enable partners to leverage blockchain to transform supply chains and empower consumers to discover the journeys of the products they are buying (i.e., authentic, safe to consume, environmentally-friendly, etc.). Leveraging the innovative capabilities of Mastercard Labs and the global reach and rails of Mastercard, this ambitious individual will have the authority and responsibility to identify, prioritize and deliver a variety of features to address supply chain pain points with cutting-edge technology and capture opportunities uniquely addressable by Mastercard’s capabilities. This individual will lead complex initiatives, liaising between the business and IT, identifying new features, defining project requirements, translating needs into user stories, prioritizing the backlog and defining the acceptance criteria as a key stakeholder in what is developed/deployed.
Reporting to the SVP, Innovation & Startup Engagement in Mastercard Labs, the ideal person for this position will be seasoned in the startup world and/or intrapreneurial mentality by capably connecting the dots between technology and opportunities to creatively drive solutions to real pain points with a relentless customer-centric focus. They ideally have a solid understanding of Blockchain (or has a history of adoption new tech super-fast), how it can be practically applied and scaled to real use cases, and can quickly learn new industries, possessing a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves,’ intrepreneurial spirit. Mastercard Labs’ proven methodologies and structured innovation practices enable us to fast-track great ideas from concept through prototype, pilot and into commercialization in an environment that is typically risk-averse. We de-risk the introduction of new products and services in an agile way, resulting in the commercial delivery of impactful results. The key to success in this role will be the ability to successfully deliver features by interfacing with business teams and engineers to translate product requirements for technical folks, ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market with strong project management skills.
• Serve as the Product Lead to drive the product roadmap for the suite of solutions, responsible for conceptualization through delivery of our next generation features/capabilities
• Identify, prioritize and manage creative, new features to anticipate and/or respond to customers’ needs, market opportunities, regulations, etc., across industries and geographies
• Balance both the business vision and execution by seamlessly translating requirements from business pain points into actionable priorities for technical teams
• Quickly assess new concepts for their desirability in market, feasibility to deliver and support, and commerciality for all partners involved
• Work collaboratively with product and agile software development teams to scope opportunities, outline potential value; identify risks, benefits and constraints; identify user, data and system needs; develop system requirements and deliver high quality features
• Create prototype designs, develop test scenarios, execute testing, perform quality assessment of test cases/results, and develop operation/support documentation
• Position oneself as a subject matter expert with thought leadership and the evolution of tools and strategies to engage and delight customers in the space
• Assert themselves a subject matter expert in this domain
• Foster our thriving innovation blockchain community and continue to elevate Mastercard’s reputation for innovation
All About You
• Ideally a passionate entrepreneur/intrepreneur at heart that thrives in ambiguous, agile environments with demonstrated project management experience and effective leadership in key technology projects from start to finish
• Demonstrates deep passion for cutting-edge product development, innovation and technology - motivated by a competitive drive to win and adept at wearing many hats
• Demonstrated experience at the intersection of spotting new pain points/opportunities and appropriately employing technology (e.g., Blockchain, AI, etc.) to create new business models and capture new revenues
• Demonstrated ability to take accountability and a focus on execution; drive to quality results with passion, ambition and aptitude
• Demonstrate willingness to learn, ability to challenge the status quo with a constructive attitude
• Experience in agile/scrum environments and multi-tasking are needed
• Demonstrates strong self-awareness and open to challenging status quo to drive new features/solutions
• Adaptability, problem solving and the ability to influence stakeholders are a must
• Demonstrates a strong, professional presence and exhibits excellent written/verbal communications skills with senior executives and senior-level stakeholders
• A plus is formal studies in and/or life experience in strategy, innovation, entrepreneurship or other related fields
• Payments knowledge is good – otherwise, we’ll teach you, just be prepared to quickly learn
• Sense of humor, adaptability and a desire to believe you can change the world are a must; we’re here to have fun while being a force for good
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-95962