MasterCard Director, Product Development, Cyber & Intelligence in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development, Cyber & Intelligence
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are the backbone of our communities, adding vibrancy and individuality to local economies. Due to COVID-19, SMEs have accelerated their businesses into the digital realm and as SMEs pivot to address these challenges, they have also become the target of cybercrime.
Mastercard has doubled down on our commitment to SMEs with a pledge to support this important segment with our financial, technology, and insight assets as well as providing SMEs access to access to Cyber Security and Fraud, education, training, and products.
The Cyber and Intelligence team is looking for a Director of Product Development to drive our product strategy forward, by managing the product evolution, establishing go-to-market strategies, optimizing and creating new product offerings in line with customer and market needs, and managing the product P&L. The ideal candidate is passionate about SMEs, the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
Do you have a passion for …?
• Supporting small businesses?
• Developing emerging fraud and cyber security solutions?
• Knowledge with subscription-based payments and billing?
• Innovative SME solutions, marketplaces, and ecommerce technology?
• Building and launching global SME solutions?
The successful candidate will support a new ecommerce platform that Mastercard has created to bring cyber solutions to SMEs. This strategic initiative establishes Mastercard as a trusted source for cyber security, designed to protect and enable growth for this important and often underserved segment.
• Provide a deep understanding of SME needs and behaviors to help in prioritization of product development strategy.
• Understand competitive positioning of the SME segments and basis upon which Mastercard products are differentiated.
• Evaluate and prioritize business case for new products, including market research, competitive market analysis and managing pipeline for product enablement.
• Identify and drive Regional GTM Strategies to reach traditional markets (Issuers/Acquirers) and new players (FinTech’s; marketplaces; government agencies).
• Ensure all GTM product requirements and processes are executed timely for launch and product lifecycle.
• Identify and define new processes to support global sales channels.
• Work in partnership with regional, legal and development partners to support products launched and sales opportunities.
• Partner with vendors and/or Mastercard development teams to deliver enhancements and/or new product to the Marketplace on time and within budget.
• Evaluate and prioritize business cases for new business, product opportunities and business models to improve Mastercard’s footprint and competitiveness.
• Build a sustainable roadmap and product pipeline for the Marketplace.
All about you
• Knowledge and experience in fraud and cyber security industry
• Knowledge and experience in the SME market segment
• Experience with SME ecommerce and technology solutions
• Ability to work with technical teams and ensure on time delivery of requirements globally
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues and pain points to provide effective recommendations
• Strong situational leadership skills with ability to be persuasive/persistent when introducing, championing new approaches, processes, and solutions with global and regional partners
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently under pressure and with limited supervision
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships with regional sales teams to provide them with the knowledge, training and materials they need to effectively communicate our products with customers
• Demonstrated leadership in taking accountability and acting with a sense of urgency
• Proven expertise in budgeting, forecasting and delivering strong results for products
• Team oriented, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence, build credibility within business and technical teams while maintaining, collaborative, flexible relationships
• Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate compelling message to senior management and business partners
• Excellence in product management and/or product development experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-143452