MasterCard Director of Customer Experience & Design, MDES in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director of Customer Experience & Design, MDES
• Do you want to be part of a Product team working on the customer experience for digital products for Mastercard?
• Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced collaborative environment working across multiple geographies?
Mastercard’s digital payments strategy is accelerating the transition from card payments to digital payments, using mobile phones and other devices to support issuers, merchants, and wallet providers. Consumers are expanding their range of digital activity across channels/devices every day, and you can be a key contributor in driving this evolution.
We are looking for a brilliant and passionate designer to join our Mastercard Digital Enablement Services (MDES) Product & Engineering team at Mastercard, with a primary focus on customer onboarding journey. This includes initiatives that optimize the customer (internal and external) experience and support the scaling of MDES.
You will be responsible for:
• Leading the customer experience strategy and visual design for the MDES Manager customer onboarding application
• Partnering with key stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Regions, etc.) to understand the business requirements and ideate on ideas for an optimal customer journey or product enhancements
• Leveraging product data and analytics to identify opportunities and product improvements
• Crafting engaging experiences that drive adoption and use in-market through thoughtful and usable interaction, content and visual design using established patterns and elements from our governing in-house design system.
• Driving other digital payment customer experiences as needed by the MDES team
All about You:
• You endorse an inclusive, people-centric and data-focused design mentality, and understand the role of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• You’re a critical thinker who questions the status quo and strives to elevate both your cross-functional partners as well as yourself
• You have proven ability to solve complex problems and deliver solutions while maintaining utmost standards of quality
• You have extensive experience in designing large-platform, business to business solutions
• You are an experienced designer, who carefully considers both the macro and micro experience of the end user
• You create impactful, desirable and usable experiences and have proven ability to apply and balance core design elements - typography, space, color, hierarchy, navigation, photography, illustration and iconography
• You can expertly use creative tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
• You practice Design Thinking and can demonstrate success in bringing products to market using this methodology
• You have strong awareness of common interaction patterns and know when and how to apply
• You have previously worked on complex projects in large business settings
• You have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your creative process as well as showcasing completed design solutions
We understand that you may not have all the criteria on this list. If you believe you have relevant experience and the capability to fulfill this role, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148533