MasterCard Director, Global Routing and Edge Caching Services in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Global Routing and Edge Caching Services
Architecture and Technology practice at Mastercard is responsible for:
• Building and operating enterprise technology platforms at Mastercard
• Contributing to setting the technology direction for the enterprise
• Architecture, design and engineering leadership for creation and adoption of enterprise capabilities including hands on mentoring of engineering teams
• Hands on architecture, design and engineering for next generation architectures that enable the business growth
• Bringing consistency in delivery of scalable and resilient solutions through architecture patterns and frameworks
Director - Global Routing and Edge Caching Services is:
• Responsible for establishing Internet traffic routing strategies and implementing them consistently across Mastercard in collaboration with other architects and engineers in the enterprise
• Accountable for setting up, maintaining and supporting DNS, Email relays, CDN, DDoS protection, WAF layers
• Accountable for delivering implementation of edge-in , the Internet ingress strategy
• Accountable for building standard routing patterns and continuous delivery pipelines to support those
• Formally supervises and coaches a group/team of technical staff, or Leaders/ Consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives.
• Ensures own teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function
• Communicates precise and concise information, vertically as well as horizontally, proactively and rapidly.
• Adopt and introduce standard, automated and repeatable processes to improve operational efficiencies, applications/system uptime and reduce total cost of ownership
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new and open source technologies quickly
• Takes ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution
• Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement of the application / middleware environment
• Expected to acquire and become subject matter expert in multiple cutting edge industry frameworks
• Expected to contribute extensively to architecture frameworks created by MasterCard to gain competitive advantage
• Plans onboarding workflows and configures enforcement systems to user environments.
• Analyzes network topologies and traffic, security, and capacity requirements.
• May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
• May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Need to have some automation background with deeper insights into DevOps tools and utilities with scripting background
• Qualified candidates will be solid technical thought leaders, driven individuals, and possess exceptional business acumen, coupled with strong working knowledge of middleware technology implementations.
•10-15 years of complex and distributed network application implementation experience supporting large scale middleware environments
• Lead by example - player coach.
• Experience in networking, CDNs, DNS, F5, Web Proxies
• Experience in DDoS, WAF is preferred
• Experience with systems roll-outs, adhering to change management, transitions from project phase to on-going systems support as well as stakeholder communication
• Experience in building process capability across technical operations support organizations
• Experience with disaster recovery and recovering complex environments
• Familiarity in Application Performance Monitoring Tools in troubleshooting application performance issues like AppDynamics, Wiley Introscope, New Relic, Dynatrace, XPOLOG, etc.
• Familiarity with cloud computing
• Familiarity with DevOps & Automation tools like Chef/Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Python Scripting, Jenkins, Docker etc.
• Excellent networking skills
• Diligent attention to detail, processes and quality of outputs
• Operational experience and strong disciplined process knowledge in resolving production outages, and maintaining application environments for support and projects
• Works well under pressure and can resolve complex problems
• Works in a collaborative fashion, elevates team results over individual results
• Familiarity with scripting languages is a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139251