MasterCard Director, Employer Brand in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Employer Brand
We’re looking for a communications enthusiast who’s passionate about storytelling and experienced in positioning companies as great places to work to attract and retain the best candidates.
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. The company is a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®.
Mastercard ensures every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We focus on doing well by doing good! And we believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Mastercard communications team drives programs and activities that build, support, and defend Mastercard’s reputation among key internal and external audiences. The broader team has been designed to closely mirror the business and support the company’s efforts in delivering world-class payments experiences.
We are looking for a driven communications director with passion and creativity to help grow our employer brand. This individual will own the communications strategy that brings to life our Employee Value Proposition (EVP). Supporting programs may include the creation of employer brand assets, such as videos and presentations; recruitment campaigns focused on key hiring markets; and content for our social channels and platforms, such as our @WeAreMastcard Twitter handle, our social media ambassador program and internal electronic bulletin boards/digital signage. They will work closely with the SVP of Communications as well as the head of Talent Acquisition, the global Mastercard communications team, and various internal and external stakeholders. This includes HR and Talent Acquisition leaders from our businesses and regions, and our partner agencies around the world.
About the Role
• Develop a strategy, with supporting KPIs, to continuously evolve and enhance our employer brand
• Project the employer value proposition through engaging programs
• Manage our employer brand assets, channels, and platforms
• Create marketing initiatives, campaigns, and content from brief development to execution
• Develop storytelling initiatives around cultural spotlight moments
• Successfully manage stakeholder expectations and work collaboratively to deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Engage and develop relationships with employees to include them in employer branding initiatives
• Coordinate resources across multiple projects and teams
• Serve as a thought partner to the Communications and Talent Acquisition teams
• Build and nurture stakeholder relationships
• Manage a team of one direct-report, plus external agency resources
All About You
• A creative thinker, bringing new ideas and best practices to the table
• A strategic thinker as well as a practical doer, comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get things done
• Strong project management skills, with a sharp eye for detail
• Adept at building and maintaining relationships in a matrixed environment
• Experience with marketing communications and social media
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, and managing website content
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Able to navigate stakeholder expectations and work in a fast-paced environment
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161705