MasterCard Director, Digital Product Management in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Digital Product Management
Mastercard’s digital payments strategy is accelerating the transition from card payments to digital payments, using mobile phones and other devices to support issuers, merchants, and wallet providers. Consumers are expanding their range of digital activity across channels/devices every day, and you can be a key contributor in driving this evolution.
The Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) Product Management team leads this effort by:
• Setting the Digital Payments product strategy and creating compelling product offerings to meet the needs of the various customer segments
• Ensuring the robust, market-ready quality of all MDES product offerings
• Delivering increased security and convenience to consumers by managing the tokenization of Mastercard accounts through the application of rules, standards and services
The role is immediately responsible for the product management of digital payment product initiatives with internal partners, customers and service providers.
• Have you ever managed a product on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you hold up high standards and partner with others around you to achieve them?
• Do you have a proven track record of delivering tangible results?
• Hold global product management responsibilities as the lead of a transformational initiative that will migrate / upgrade Mastercard’s handling of account data
• Design a data workflow model and implement a platform that will serve as the central connection between multiple digital products and transaction services
• Manage the platform roadmap, and continue to enhance the platform based on stakeholder and internal customer feedback to ensure a best in class implementation that reduces latency, improves data access, and maintains high levels of data security
• Identify new opportunities to evolve the platform construct to meet the needs of additional customers
• Drive other digital payment product opportunities from ideation through implementation as needed by the organization.
All About You
• Outstanding record of building and managing products and technology that deliver new payments industry services.
• Seasoned Product Manager, who is able to drive the strategy but just as easily is able to switch to the fine, technical detail when required to understand customer requirements.
• Ability to understand complex business needs, competitive offerings, and industry trends and translate them to customer-facing solutions.
• Excellent at communicating across teams and with executives, with the skillset to tailor information for customer facing sales/account teams with the same effectiveness as with engineering teams.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Excellent project management skills, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication and organizational abilities.
• Creates ideas and enhancements for the product roadmap, achieves buy-in from relevant stakeholders and drives cross-functional teams to execute.
• Proven ability to write clear and effective product documentation from business requirements, through to implementation guides and promotional materials.
• Ability and willingness to travel to attend meetings with customers or others, as the business may require.
• eCommerce transaction systems and processing
• Digital payments
• Credit and debit card payments
• Detailed knowledge of transaction processing
• Strong technical acumen a definite plus
Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree or MBA desired
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-136282