MasterCard Cyber & Intelligence Product Management Intern in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Cyber & Intelligence Product Management Intern
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Cyber & Intelligence Solutions is responsible for safeguarding trust in payments, both now and in future. We ensure that transactions and interactions are safe, simple and smart.
By cyber we mean cyberspace in its truest sense -- the totality of the digital world we operate in, both online and offline. Intelligence refers to the use of smart technology and deployment of services -- Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning and the sophisticated interpretation of data -- to better protect and serve customers. C&I helps Mastercard develop solutions in fields beyond payments as our remit expands from transactions to interactions.
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
• Impactful assignments that drive business results
• Networking sessions and leadership speakers series
• Volunteer and team building experiences
• Help inform the development, go-to-market strategy, and rollout of new Cyber Security and fraud prevention solutions.
• Discover how MA technology is powering the ways businesses everywhere fight fraud and theft online.
• Participate in the end-to-end development of a multi-year product roadmap.
• Learn about the latest trends in fraud and cybersecurity.
• Develop materials to grow internal and external understanding of and support for our products.
• Conduct research (both internal & external) to inform and validate assumptions as Mastercard develops and launches new Cyber solutions and enhancements.
• Help organize and facilitate pilots and proof of concept trials for potential product enhancements.
• Identify key individuals, teams, and roles at the customer level to grow engagement with our solutions.
• Develop a project management framework to streamline the ad-hoc data science requests.
• Track product performance (through data collection, dashboard visualization, and qualitative customer feedback) to evaluate impact and areas for enhancement.
• Participate in the teamwide effort to identify and pitch opportunities for product enhancements.
• Learn how Mastercard prevents and responds to data breaches to minimize fraud both within our core business and new frontiers.
• Understand how payments fraud is identified and tracked among all stakeholders in the 4-party model and beyond.
• Understand how a technology company identifies, builds, and launches new offerings.
• Data interpretation skills required. Intern must be able to extrapolate, summarize, and communicate key insights from datasets.
• Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
• Some cybersecurity knowledge/experience preferred.
• Must be able to problem-solve in a complex environment, handling multiple stakeholders, competing priorities, incomplete information, and multi-faceted technology.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-177814