MasterCard Consultant, Software Engineering in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software Engineering
Mastercard is recruiting Principal Engineers to drive software engineering practice improvement initiatives across multiple engineering teams, enabling them to delight customers by building higher quality software, faster.
This team will drive engineering excellence by identifying technologies, building tools, and growing great development and design practices. We will also create tools to help teams and management understand progress and measure success. The mission of this team is simply to build a continuously improving world-class software engineering culture for Mastercard.
• Are you passionate about the practice of software engineering?
• Are you fanatical about large scale, distributed systems done the right way?
• Are you a tool builder?
• Do you want to help software engineers to build better quality software faster?
• Do you firmly believe that code talks, and just about anything else walks?
• Hands-on technical leader who brings considerable experience with application-layer development for both web and mobile web applications, using a broad range of technologies.
• Responsible for identifying and building technologies, practices, and tools that enable application builders to build.
• Collaborate with different groups within the organization, identify best practices, and evangelize those across other organizations.
• Conduct demos, training, and tech-talks, participate in technical reviews, and drive excellence.
• Develop a wide range of tools to fetch data from code repositories, generate metrics/graphs and provide valuable analysis.
• Mentor team members within the group.
• You are an engineer’s engineer – a recognized go-to resource for “how to do it right” in software engineering.
• You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
• You have the skills to take initiative and the self-motivation to drive results.
• You possess strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
• You are known for writing crisp and clean documentation.
• You are experienced in distributed system design and implementation, and the ability to ensure high-performance, high-reliability operation of large-scale systems.
• You have Software Engineering expertise in the application of various R&D tools.
• You have experience designing, implementing and driving quality engineering improvement for large-scale software.
• You have expert level knowledge of software development processes, and you practice Agile at an advanced level.
• You have experience and knowledge of Test Driven and Domain Driven Development (TDD / DDD), including using automated test frameworks (e.g., Junit).
• You have built and debugged J2EE applications on one or more runtime implementations such as WebSphere, Jboss, or Tomcat.
• You are a highly proficient Java developer with solid foundations in Java language philosophy and JVM implementations.
• You have experience with development of large scale distributed systems including consensus mechanisms, partitioning and sharding, and reliability engineering.
• You are an experienced user or one or more Application Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Rally, Jira).
• You are a Git expert, and have experience with one or more SCM hosting tools such as GitHub or BitBucket.
• You are experienced with DevOps and Test Automation.
• You are experienced with CI/CD, and even better you have built CI/CD tools and pipelines.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-68452