MasterCard Senior Data Scientist in Navi Mumbai, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Data Scientist
About the Role:
Finicity, A Mastercard company is recognized as a pioneer and leader in Financial Data Access, FinTech, Data Science and Decisioning. Consumers should have full transparency and control of their Financial Data. Finicity, A Mastercard company expands financial inclusion, increases financial and data literacy.
Finicity, A Mastercard company 's Intelligent Machine Services teams focus on Intelligent Decisioning; Financial Certainty; Attribute, Feature, and Entity Resolution; Verification Solutions and much more. Join our team to make an impact across all sectors of the economy. Check out Experian Boost, UltraFICO and the recent announcement from Mastercard for more!
This team is establishing the ground floor for advanced Data Science and AI enabled financial interactions and transactions. Mastercard announced in June that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Finicity, A Mastercard company . In this role, Senior Data Scientists will realistically be determining the probability space and the elsewhere of probable for almost any financial interaction. Finicity, A Mastercard company 's solutions provide Intelligence and real-time access to Financial data.
What you will do:
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will take lead on empowering consumers and creating business value. You will own business objectives and will work to deploy solutions to Financial Institutions, FinTechs, Small and Medium Businesses, Large Enterprises Consumers and even Government agencies and related Ecosystems. This particular role's primary focus is creating Certainty as a Service by providing consumable measurements and ensuring confidence for Finicity, A Mastercard company 's Solutions, including Verification Services, Entity Resolution, Attribute and Temporal Analysis.
• Ideally, Senior Data Scientists have deep technical and domain expertise. Examples of our domains include Positive Attribution for Credit/Risk Scores, Decision Science in Lending, and a suite of services for Financial Institutions and FinTechs that enable consumers to transact in refined and innovative ways.
• Master's Degree or higher in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study required. Ph.D preferred.
• 5+ years commercial machine/deep learning and modeling experience. Combinations of Software/Data Engineering may be considered with sufficient ML experience.
• A strong understanding of Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Statistical Modeling, Visualization and advanced Data Science techniques/methods.
• Focus on Interpretation and Validation of results and Confidence and Certain Scores.
• Mid-Senior level Python coding experience required.
• Experience with Kubernetes, Containers, Docker, REST APIs, GraphQL, Event Streams or other delivery mechanism required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills on technical & non-technical topics.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience with real world applications of discrete, differential, deterministic and probabilistic mathematical structures with applicability to finance, FinTech, scoring
• Senior Level Software Development, Data Engineering or Data Science Programming is highly desired.
• Advanced Data Ingestion and Extraction techniques (ETL/ELT)
• Advanced Data Modeling, Querying, Structuring, Architecture and Design skills
• Exposure to risk evaluation, credit risk modeling
• Additional Finance and FinTech Experience
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162820