MasterCard Manager, Products & Solutions - Acceptance in Nairobi, Kenya
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Products & Solutions - Acceptance
Manager Product & Solutions - Acceptance
Job Description Summary
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
'Go To' person for Acceptance Development in East Africa, ensuring alignment between the individual markets 'go-to-market' approaches and the overall EMEA Acceptance Development strategy, considering the region's longer term strategic initiatives. This individual will be responsible for developing dedicated acquirer and merchant plans.
Establish strong relationships with the players in the acceptance value chain and work with new players to provide new models to the market. This individual will enhance merchant/retailer relationships by creating value along the lines of relevant and specific value-added solutions (i.e., on-line gateways, MasterPassQR, Tap-on-Phone, Click2Pay, Pay-by-Link, PayPass, information services and other acceptance products). The candidate should be able to quantify the benefits for both parties through an understanding of MasterCard’s P&L and maximizing revenue for all parties through an effective acceptance strategy.
The successful candidate will work closely with the East Africa management team on the regulatory and economic impacts that affect the acceptance of electronic commerce.
Analyze business opportunities to increase share and revenue. Implement both short- and long-term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
• Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability.
• Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
• In partnership with regional Acceptance Development resources, contribute to developing EMEA-wide business plans, leveraging appropriate market intelligence.
• Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation.
• Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place.
• Drive Traditional and Digital acceptance in Nascent markets.
• Guide processing and switching strategy to grow acceptance.
• Prioritize markets and work streams taking into account financial viability and time to market on projects.
• Project-manage initiatives – from concept through to implementation.
Key Competencies sought:
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge leadership
• Solution drive
• Results orientation
• Strong Analytical ability
• Project Management
• Influence, Assertive, Initiative
• Autonomy, Independence and Accountable
• Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
• Commitment, Passion and Energy
• Ability to work with team as well as independently
• Deep business development and marketing experience, gained in the financial services, payments or retail sectors
• Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
• Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and/or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
• Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
• Business Case development, including financial analytics
• Budget preparation and management
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Solid solution development skills and effective working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• B-Com required, MBA preferred
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-178614