MasterCard Director, Health Product Development, Humanitarian & Development in Nairobi, Kenya
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Health Product Development, Humanitarian & Development
Mastercard is dedicated to inclusive economic growth for all people across the globe. The mandate of the Humanitarian & Development team is to transform communities at the Base of the Pyramid. We leverage our digital technology and innovate new business models to digitalize essential daily services – provisioning healthcare, distributing agriculture subsidies, streamlining small merchant supply chains, optimizing aid distribution and serving the education sector. By so doing, we go well beyond Mastercard’s traditional payments remit, and critically, increase our reach to the 1+ billion previously unserved consumers at the BOP.
The purpose of the Director, Health Product Development is to support the work for the key Healthcare vertical: becoming a sector subject matter expert, understanding competitor offerings and stakeholder needs, developing a vertical strategy, developing product business requirements, go to market and commercial model and taking the product through the full Studio(PME) process to be ready to pilot and scale.
• Are you passionate about transforming lives at the Base of the Pyramid consumers?
• Have you ever brought a product to market, ideally in emerging markets, across multiple geographies and cultures?
• Can you bring structure and rigour to a fast-moving environment beyond Mastercard’s core business?
This position reports to the Director, Identity and Health Lead, and is based in New York, London or Nairobi.
• Understand landscape, needs, pain points and drivers of stakeholders (with a focus on Health-tech implementers and solution builders) in your vertical to become the subject matter expert.
• Refresh vertical strategy based on this expertise and market insights as needed
• Own continued enhancement of current Wellness Pass product to align with Common Product Framework construct with integration of common capabilities and a focus on expanding the product’s modular B2B offering.
• Oversee identification of product and solution requirements and quality documentation. Take product through full Studio process as required. Ensure roadmap always comprehensive, up to date and fully socialized. Ensure continued product competitiveness.
• Partner with the H&D platforms team to develop robust product requirements that are delivered by O&T resourcing to enhance both product and Community Pass platform offering.
• Develop go-to-market strategy with non-traditional partners of Mastercard and with Mastercard licensed clients and support sales colleagues in partner discussions
• Own sustainable commercial model including business case and pricing that works for all stakeholders and continue to refresh as product and GTM approach evolves
• Ensure comprehensive and up to date product collateral exists including template legal agreements, pricing manuals and customer facing documentation
• Support the sales and partnership effort by engaging stakeholders and partners as the Health subject matter expert and clearly articulate product value to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Develop understanding of landscape and needs within the Identity product, and support the Identity product management process by contributing to requirements development and quality documentation and other responsibilities as needed.
• Liaise with rest of Humanitarian & Development team to develop and deliver product through partners and markets, and with other business functions across Mastercard
All About You
• Passionate about transforming lives at the Base of the Pyramid consumers, with an ability to uncover needs and design features to serve this unique segment
• Proven experience launching and scaling new product deployments, with sustainable commercial models.
• Interest in the health systems in emerging markets a plus
• Ability to engage high level stakeholders and partners in support of sales activities
• Demonstrated ability to work within and across geographic boundaries within a matrix environment, comfortable with fast and fluid environments, good team player and manager
• Experience operating across complex ecosystems and with technology teams is advantageous
• Knowledge of digital tools, and the payments industry a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145559