MasterCard Manager, Customer Credit Risk Management in Moscow, Russia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Customer Credit Risk Management
The Treasury team is looking for a Risk Manager, based in Moscow, to manage its credit risk in Russia and CIS countries.
The primary responsibility of the Risk Manager is to ensure customer risk is appropriately identified, monitored, and managed in accordance with Mastercard’s policies & procedures, and risk appetite framework. The role also involves partnering with our Corporate Treasury and Settlement Operations teams to assist in the growth of Mastercard’s settlement footprint throughout the region. In addition, the incumbent of the role will work as needed with the Regulatory Affairs team in engaging with central banks and other regulators within the region.
• Prepare underwriting proposals and carry out a detailed analysis of new and existing Financial Institutions (FI) and Non-Banking Financial Institutional customers of Mastercard.
• Take a leading role in managing credit exposures arising from Russia and the CIS.
• Responsible for monitoring your own portfolio and ensure any changes are actioned in a timely manner.
• Lead discussions on collateral and other risk mitigants with both account managers and customers.
• Develop and manage risk processes, including identifying and implementing best practices, which may include the development of alternative risk mitigation schemes, and ensuring all processes are documented, reviewed, and updated regularly.
• Prepares external reporting and oversees internal reporting.
All About You
• Postgraduate degree in business or equivalent;
• Experience of credit assessment and knowledge of Russian/CIS FI and NBFI Credit Risk; knowledge of the Russian and CIS payments regulation landscape is a strong plus;
• Well developed judgment in the field of credit risk management and analysis.
• Risk mindset: ability to think outside the box and identify potential sources of risk;
• Problem solving: the ability to develop innovative solutions to manage/ address credit risk;
• Outstanding written and verbal English and Russian communication skills;
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills, including at the very senior management levels;
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user;
• Crisis management: the ability to work through a crisis, make tough recommendations with imperfect information;
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a good sense of humor
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120386