MasterCard Director, Business Development, Digital Payments in Moscow, Russia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Business Development, Digital Payments
The Business Development Director [Vendor Management] will be responsible for Mastercard local (outsourced) technical vendor management and performance in the HGEM region (12 countries, with main focus on solutions, localized in Russia and Turkey), including end-to-end planning, engagement, execution and delivery of existing and new technology products and digital solutions, developed and supported by local Mastercard vendors.
Primary responsibilities include:
• overall vendor management, including choice of a vendor via a tender-based internal procedures, contract conclusion and maintenance, budgeting;
• localized solutions diagnosis and performance management (including architecture, SLA, load, cybersecurity, PCIDSS, backup, support, compliance, implementation, project management tasks and resource management, tech platform management, architecture, platform and solution migration, software and hardware tasks);
• delivery and issues management, overseeing the gaps between teams, processes and systems, removing all blocks leading to a successful delivery;
• Alignment with global Mastercard platforms, products and strategies.
The Business Development Director [Vendor Management] will work closely with the Business Development, Product, Sales, Legal, Compliance, Finance internal Mastercard teams, and will directly manage the local outsources vendor teams.
o To understand business requirements and set comfortable relationship with all internal business stakeholders:
To understand business strategy, product requirements and translate it into the tech scope of work;
To work with internal business decision makers and product owners to define how IT plans and executes required changes;
o To manage the vendor, ensure full product development lifecycle (localized) and deliver the expected results:
To define what to do and how to do from start to end;
To research/understand/be familiar with the hardware/software outsource vendor market, vendor specific and main market players;
To develop the internal vendor management strategy and approach;
to define the list of the potential vendors and choose the best via the internal tender procedure;
To prepare, sign and execute a contract with the vendor;
To define SLA/performance requirements (based on the business requirements) and ensure its performance;
To create an maintain agile and efficient process of development, testing and implementation of new functionality, as well as the process of connecting new b2b partners to the system;
To create and maintain efficient support processes;
To ensure SLA performance, improve efficiency and results;
to identify and resolve complex issues;
To perform financial planning, forecasting, and budget tracking to reduce total cost of ownership and allocate resources efficiently;
Perform functional and performance testing of solutions
Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
Participate in architectural decisions and product roadmapping
Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs
Experience maintaining object-oriented (.NET, JAVA/ J2EE and/or C++ etc.) and multi-site, multi-tenant applications platform.
Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JUnit/JMeter).
Experience with CI/CD tool chain (Maven, Nexus, Selenium) required
Solid understanding on the following concepts:
· Continous Integration
· Infrastructure Automation
· Deployment Orchestration
· Container Technologies
Experience maintaining relational (Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and non-relational (Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, DocumentDB, etc.) stacks in a highly growing and transactional database platforms.
Experience working in Data Center operations, maintaining availability in a multi-tenant, multi-site, multi-ISP environment
Experience with networking equipment such as switches, routers, loadbalancer, firewalls, IPDS, etc.
Experience managing cloud-native projects, work experience in running AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure is a plus.
Experience managing software development, projects in payment card industry (clearing&settlement, card issuing, pos & atm acquiring, payment processing) is a plus
Experience managing compliance projects in payment industry such as PCI DSS, EMV L1 and L2
• Fluent English is a must (strong fluent speaking, listening and writing skills);
• High education;
• At least 3 years of successful relevant experience and track records of results achieved, including:
o deep understanding of the hardware/software outsource vendor market and vendor specific;
o know what to do and how to do;
o proven extensive experience in identifying and resolving complex problems;
o deep understanding, experience and proficiency with the modern development solutions, approaches and requirements, including system and database architecture, microservice design, Web and App frontend customer-facing solutions and UX, real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API/SDK development approach, implementation and support;
o experience in risk management, cyber-security management, PCI DSS and AML compliance;
o experience as a people manager with the ability to attract and develop technical talents;
o experience in identifying potential opportunities such as automation optimization, new innovations, reduction in time to deployment;
• Overall IT (software or DB or Network) experience of 10+ years
• Ability to interact across multiple organizational levels and assume a lead role and set direction for large or complex projects
• understanding of the card payment market, market players and market needs;
• high level of enthusiasm for new payment innovative solutions, agile, ability to evangelize the new opportunities and solutions to colleagues/partners/customers;
• Proven combination of “negotiation/sales” and “execution” skills, ability to create the technical solution strategy and execute it;
• Account management relationship skills;
• Senior level presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate technology to business people and business to technology people;
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills;
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently;
• Comfortable with uncertainty, changing and fast paced environment;
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed;
• Leadership skills—must be able to influence others without reporting relationships, lead cross functional /outsourced teams without direct reporting or management responsibility;
• Combination of analytical, strategic and execution skills;
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize and tailor complex information to different audience needs; ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy;
• Ready for business trips.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96919