MasterCard Specialist, Product Management in Milan, Italy
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Specialist, Product Management
Specialist Product management, P&I – Digital Issuing Europe team
The Digital issuing team focuses on driving overall transaction volume and profitable revenue growth for Mastercard's portfolios. This group actively collaborates with internal teams across Mastercard, and external parties including customers (issuers) and new strategic alliance partners (FinTech) to build innovative product solutions focused on capturing current and future card spending volume.
The candidate will have responsibility to support the product development and management for the Europe Region and will play a role in setting the growth strategy and development of digital Core Products such as Digital First and Digital Debit Mastercard in line with Mastercard’s Europe and Global strategy. This includes to select potential partners to support issuers in launching digital instant issued products.
• The candidate will drive ideation conception, business plan development, research and validation of ideas and implementation of new debit programs and features that support the Mastercard debit offering.
• Develop strategic business plans for debit growth and new products within the region, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs.
• Develop relevant local market business models (interchange, rules, rights, product requirements)
• Responsible for evaluating and applying market research and directing opportunity assessments on new ideas and concepts.
• Lead in the development of portfolio management tools including portfolio segmentation, acquisition best practices
• ATM and POS activation strategies and sustainable POS engagement tools and tactics.
• New market entry opportunities analysis
• Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends, understanding their implications for Mastercard and suggest action steps as required. Lead the development of innovated and differentiated debit products to meet current and emerging needs of Mastercard customers and the market
• Develop and tailor portfolio P&L’s to support individual issuer business cases for pro-active portfolio management and optimization activities
• Create and maintain a library of best practices and case studies on product development t
• Support a cross-functional process with marketing, communications and region colleagues to support launch of new features, programs and promotions
• Extensive/ proven track record in in payments
• Strong analytical skills with regard to P&L development and ownership
• Flexibility to travel within Europe
• Strong business acumen with the ability to provide creative solutions that drive positive results to both the customer and Mastercard
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Expertise in customer acquisition, activation, usage, retention
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Ability to turn qualitative and quantitative data and information analysis into actionable 'insights'
• Team player and achievement oriented
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178633