MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development, Sales & Servicing, Data and Services in Milan, Italy
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development, Sales & Servicing, Data and Services
• Job Description Summary
Mastercard Data & Services encompasses Mastercard's offerings beyond the transaction. We provide customers across industries and geographies with a tailored portfolio of solutions to address their business pain points.
By harnessing the power of our real-time, anonymized and aggregated transaction data, powerful software platforms and wealth of expertise, we empower customers to unlock a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their four walls, distill actionable insights and make more data-driven decisions. With compelling offerings for financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies and more, our services drive efficiency and value and enable our customers to solve business problems from end to end.
All About The Role:
The Business Development & Sales Senior Managing Consultant, in partnership with the existing team, will further drive growth of Mastercard’s Data & Services business in one of Europe’s largest markets by developing new business and creating strong partnerships with FIs, merchants, fintechs and government around payment services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Together with existing team, shape Data & Services growth strategy in Italy and execute against that strategy
• Identify the most critical aspects of a problem Client or market is facing to determine new business opportunities
• Leverage deep knowledge of all the Mastercard Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create customized and relevant solutions for clients solving for their needs
• Leverage subject matter experts to develop best customized proposals for the clients
• Write well-structured and persuasive proposals and communicate to executives to pursue
• Develop strong relationships / partnerships with senior level client management
• Identify and pursue related sales with client senior executives; deliver strong sales pitches
• Align efforts with Mastercard core team for sales success, including managing external obstacles and maintaining leadership alignment and support
• Partner with project team to ensure project quality and identification of follow-up sales opportunities
• Play key role in creation of new Intellectual Capital and become “thought partner” for Clients
• Actively participate in recruiting, training and developing others
Undergraduate degree required
MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
All About You:
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable, as is payments/banking expertise and experience helping financial institutions at the executive leadership level.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Languages: Fluent in Italian and English required and additional languages skills highly desirable
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121906