MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Michigan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Software development engineering in Mastercard MDS Batch application is a dedicated team of software developers leading the development of business requests and delivering reliable, resilient, and quality-driven code in support of MasterCard’s technology organization.
• Requires hands on experience in industry standard developer tools, design, develop, test, implement and support the solutions throughout the software development cycle.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes, and best practices.
• Accountable for day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration
• Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Partner with and mentor junior developers
All about You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (Must)
• Must have 10+ year of experience and should have hands on experience on the below listed skillset
Proficient development Knowledge in COBOL, VSAM, JCL, XPEDITER , ENDEVOR, OPC scheduler
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment
• Provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possess strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Ability to create automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration and deployment pipeline (Jenkins/XLR) and code coverage tools (Sonar) to ensure higher code/conditional coverage.
• Experience in working in Agile Methodology.
• Domain knowledge in Core Payments specifically in Transaction processing preferred.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-180068