MasterCard Senior Analyst, Deal Management in Miami, Florida
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Deal Management
The role has two main objectives: 1) Supports the sales teams in structuring deals for business opportunities with new and existing customers (covering issuing, acquiring, merchant, etc.). 2) Supports the enforcement of controls for LAC to minimize the risk of revenue leakage and identify revenue opportunities.
• Supports Customer Account Managers to retain or win new business with issuers, merchants and other key customers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of deals that incentivize the appropriate behavior while safeguarding Mastercard assets and are financially sound.
• Reviews final model and business proposal, in order to recommend changes with appropriate parties. Seeks internal approval and presents to senior management where appropriate.
• Provide sound recommendations to finalize agreements; thoroughly reviews proposals to add clarification and rationale to areas of concern, makes a point to escalate potential risks in deals
• Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly reporting to Senior Management.
• Support strategic initiatives aiming at streamlining/enhancing the deal process.
• Conduct QMR Audits (perform customer data analysis, identify potential problems, coordinate the logistics of the audit, quantify revenue leakage opportunities, bring audit findings to resolution/closure).
• Conduct QMR trainings for customers and employees to foster proper understanding aligned with standards dictated by Global Statistics
All About You::
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience in financial analysis and/or deal management.
• Strong communication skills: written and oral - ability to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner at all levels of the organization.
• Proficient in English and Spanish, Portuguese a plus
• Strong commercial and strategic focus
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Expert Analytical skills and proficient in database management, Microsoft Office applications / excel, highly skilled in modeling
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139412