MasterCard Manager, Dispute Resolution in Miami, Florida
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Dispute Resolution
The mission of the Mastercard Dispute Resolution Management team is to arbitrate customer disputes and compromise events, across current, new, and evolving platforms, through the use of innovative processes, data analytics, and cyber intelligence, thereby fostering balance and integrity in the payments ecosystem. As part of Mastercard’s Franchise business unit, Dispute Resolution Management performs the following chargeback-related responsibilities- Handles customer inquiries and settles disputes relating to chargebacks, reviews and decides on arbitration and compliance cases, provides customer education on chargeback processing, serves in a consultative capacity to internal and external audiences, and manages and evolves Mastercard chargeback and arbitration rules.
• The core responsibility of this role is to manage a globally diverse team with responsibilities to review and rule complex chargeback arbitration and compliance cases specific to Single Message Transaction Management (SMTM) within the card present and card not present verticals at high volumes
• Establish processes for SMTM case management and ruling
• Provide leadership and serve as a focal point for customer inquiries and support related to Mastercard SMTM specific disputes
• Executes policies, applications, and technical requirements of dispute management processing, chargeback rules and overall Mastercard Rules with emphasis in the SMTM vertical
• Assist with the daily dispute process and serve as focal point for resolving issues
• Recommend and implement business or process improvements, recognizing global perspectives in the specific SMTM environment
• Ensure initiatives align with business goals, and processes are maintained to meet service and quality standards
• Interacts with multiple business units (e.g., Dispute Resolution Management, Legal, Customer Performance, Standards & Architecture, Cyber & Intelligence, etc.) to support broad corporate initiatives
• Provide project management support and advice for internal and cross-functional initiatives as the service develops over time
All About You:
• Experience and knowledge of the payment card chargeback process and compliance processes
• Experience in chargebacks, dispute management, fraud, single message processing and/or compliance-related investigations are preferred.
• Management and/or leadership experience with specific emphasis on high volume services and end to end ownership
• Experience managing a growing team while adhering to overall objectives
• Applied expertise with customer service principles, theories, and concepts
• Applied expertise of the payment card industry and banking operations practices
• Experience with troubleshooting, escalations and issue mitigation
• Experience identifying opportunities through analysis of data or metrics to improve performance
• Established as a subject matter expert and served as the go-to resource for junior and senior staff
• Applied expertise with complex process flows and capable of making logical decisions with limited input
• Exposure to relevant Microsoft Office programs and ability to create deliverables on a timely basis (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
• Exposure to working with various product lines, technologies, and industries
• Demonstrated initiative in developing relationships with internal partners across different areas and knowledge of how to navigate the organization to find internal resources
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or information technology or equivalent work experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146010