MasterCard Manager, Controller - Arcus in Miami, Florida
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Controller - Arcus
The Manager, Controller - Arcus reports to the Director, Controller - Bill Pay and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a best-in-class controllership for the Company's recent acquisition, Arcus, within the Product and Engineering space. Responsible for implementing any operational changes and delivering measurable improvements. Possess strong leadership skills to build and engage teams to optimize and transform the current structure while utilizing their technical skillset to establish and, where necessary, enhance processes and internal controls. A key part of the role is to be able to influence positive change through dialogue partnership with finance and business partners, regional and business unit controllerships, and the GBSC (Global Business Service Center).
• Advise on accounting related matters on business transactions and accounting/ regulatory standards, including but not limited to revenue recognition and impairment reviews
• Lead integration for newly acquired business as representative from controllership.
• Ensure controllership functions are properly integrated with Mastercard, including areas such as billing, journal entries, reconciliations, etc. and design processes and controls over these areas prior to the completion of integration
• Influence change through strong, collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Business and Finance Partners, Peers, Products and Services business partners, Regional Controllers, GBSC, third party vendors
• Proactively identify opportunities to streamline processes and implement automation
• Partner with the finance operations team to ensure front-end and back-end controls are implemented to mitigate key risks
• Ensure compliance activities are performed, as needed (e.g. Mastercard policies, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and Operational Risk Management (ORM)) and communicate potential exposures
• Interface with external auditors regarding the application of generally accepted accounting principles on certain transactions and matters
• Coordination with Mastercard Treasury for banking requirements
• Support other audits as required
• Periodic review of processes to ensure operationally mitigating risks based on design and the evolution of business processes
• Support the management of intercompany arrangements, where required, in partnership with the GBSC and Tax, as applicable
All About You:
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
• CPA or its equivalent
• Experience in Finance/Controlling/Audit
• Dynamic transformational role requiring an individual with strong communication and leadership skills, with an emphasis on financial and business acumen
• Experience assessing the effectiveness and oversight of operational and financial control implementation; ensures compliance within a diverse organization
• Experience delivering presentations and engaging with senior leadership
• Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Process-minded change agent, with strong knowledge of internal controls, ability and experience to assess and design effective operational and financial controls
• Successfully drive and integrate change and cultivate a continuous improvement culture
• Confident and poised influencer who uses analytical and leadership skills to achieve goals
• Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines and demonstrate effective leadership with relationship development skills
• Experience of regulated environments preferred
• Market and industry knowledge a strong plus
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-174999