MasterCard Software Engineer in Meylan, France
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard Cross-Border Services helps banks, digital providers, and non-bank financial institutions modernize their Cross-Border payment services to provide senders (consumers and businesses) with faster, more transparent, and more secure payments through multiple channels and payout methods. Cross-Border Services specializes in use cases including P2P (remittances), B2P (disbursements), and B2B (business payments) and supports a variety of payout options including bank accounts, mobile money accounts, consumer cards, and retail cash pick-up.
Mastercard’s Cross Border Services Configuration Governance team is a configuration focused team that is responsible for ensuring configuration of the technical platform which handles financial transactions. Linking business data with technical data, this team is maintaining and enhancing a high quality of configuration thanks to automation.
• Responsible of implementation of business and core rules for the automation solution, including the corresponding technical documentation.
• Writing, reviewing, and interpreting the rules to match the requirement specifications.
• Managing unit and integration tests, including the development and maintenance of automated tests when applicable, to ensure a good quality of the delivery.
• Incidents analysis and solving.
• Participating in improving our software development (processes, tools, technologies…).
• Evaluates performance to identify operational inefficiencies and implements process improvements and automation to improve the configuration and quality and timeliness of service.
• Seeks both external and internal feedback and implements solutions to improve configuration automation.
All About You:
• Adapt to and learn new technologies, languages, libraries,
• Velocity language is a real plus,
• Good knowledge of Unix scripts (grep, sed, …),
• Familiar with financial world is a plus,
• Good knowledge of development method
• Good technical culture
• Ability to achieve agreed deliverables, monitor and report progress.
• Must be autonomous, and able to estimate the workload for a task.
• Strong “can do” attitude.
• Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving under pressure with a high sense of urgency.
• Relentless focus on the customer, meeting their needs, and turning feedback into action.
• Demonstrated success responding to complex escalations from customers, internal stakeholders, and executive leaders.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-131360