MasterCard Senior Accountant in Mexico City, Mexico
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• The jobholder will be part of the Controller’s group within Mastercard LAC’s Finance division. This position will report to the Manager, LAC Division Controllers Group.
• The role oversees the timely and correct accounting treatment, as well as relevant controls, of all customer business agreements, in line with current applicable Mastercard policies as well as US GAAP and local statutory requirements.
• The jobholder will work closely together with different departments within the organization (FP&A, Business Development Finance, Legal, Account Managers & Regional Finance).
• Provides accounting advice and guidance discusses, challenges, and validates various accounting treatments, and communicates them appropriately to ensure proper understanding and application by regional teams and other stakeholders
• Executes and monitors month-end close activity and acts as liaison with the GBSC (shared service center) to drive accuracy of results and provide open communication link between the groups.
• Guides financial decisions related to business transactions by providing accounting/regulatory advice and by monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
• Ensures a strong control environment by supporting, monitoring and enforcing operational and SOX financial controls.
• Ensures ongoing compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions
• Contributes to special projects and preforms various ad-hoc reporting or analysis as needed with a strong customer service focus.
• Participates in development and implementation of process improvements to improve operational controls/efficiency and quality of output.
All About You
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA, Chartered Accountant, or equivalent credential
• MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Results driven, flexible and adaptable; able to work efficiently under pressure and deadlines
• Able to work through ambiguous concepts and issues to bring clarity to the stakeholders
• Problem solver and a strong team player with an eye for detail and focus on accuracy
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Big 4 background with increasing levels of responsibility or similar technical accounting experience in large public company, preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, experience in working with Oracle and Hyperion is a plus
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-185721