MasterCard Project Manager - Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Project Manager - Mexico
Primary responsibilities include overall ownership, accountability, and management of the Mexico switching technical and operational initiatives end to end project plan. Coordinate with cross functional teams (internal and external-ie. Tech vendors) the successful execution of activities as planned and within budget to meet business objectives and go-to-market plans. Assists in business requirements gathering. Identifies key barriers to the project’s success and actively manages mitigation activities and triggers contingency plans. Regularly communicate and present to the project sponsor and senior management the project progress status, risks, mitigation actions, and next steps forward.
• Responsible for managing the overall end-to-end project plan to execute and implement the technology roadmap and all activities related to enabling the operations and running the domestic switch according to the business requirements in collaboration with multiple workstream owners
• Responsible for planning, managing, and tracking deadlines and the development milestones to maintain project stability and achieve successful implementation in releases within agreed upon time, scope and resource requirements
• Responsible for coordinating the activities of the internal cross functional technical teams and vendor technical teams to meet aggressive deadlines of the plan
• Assist Program Manager in the business requirements gathering process
• Must be intimately familiar with the initiatives’ business objectives and scope, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams
• Identifies when a project is going off-track and mitigates/remove blockers and impediments that interfere with project progress to guarantee technical and business milestones are met
• Anticipates future project risks, planning gaps and thoroughly prepares contingency plans
• Regularly presents to project sponsor, senior management, and other internal partners the status of the project, risks, mitigation actions and next steps forward
• Must have the experience and ability to clearly understand business goals and translate them into technical and operational implications to plan accordingly
• Extensive knowledge in the areas of planning and project management required processes and techniques
• In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools
• Very strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Strong knowledge of systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods
• Experience working with technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent
• Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry a plus
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written)
• Strong business acumen
• Organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills
• Strong initiative and relationship-building skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships
• Listening, oral, written, and presentation skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust and energy.
• Some travel may be required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-91089