MasterCard Managing Consultant, Advisors in Mexico City, Mexico
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Advisors
MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
A Managing Consultant is responsible for leading and managing a consulting engagement. This implies driving the problem solving process, defining a work plan & executing it, managing junior resources, managing the day-to-day relationship with clients, and developing & delivering presentation materials.
In particular, the candidate should be able to:
• Rigorously and logically identify, with senior oversight, the issues impacting the project
• Lead problem solving efforts and structure the project work plan
• Lead and manage the project team
• Oversee the accuracy, quality and timeliness of sophisticated, hypotheses-driven and fact-based analysis to be conducted
• Develop conclusions and recommendations
• Develop compelling presentation materials, following well-structured storylines
• Deliver effective presentations to client executives
• Develop effective working relationships with mid-to-senior level client executives
• Coach and provide feedback to junior resources
All About You
Education and Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant post graduate degree required
Experience and skills:
• Work experience in management consulting
• Payments industry experience desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Local language and English proficiency required
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161904