MasterCard Core Market Lead - Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Core Market Lead - Mexico
The position will drive the overall technology program management for the Mexico switch market entry initiative in collaboration with the key business and product stakeholders (internal and external). Manage all technology aspects for the line of business from project development through operational excellence, providing transparency to the business partners across all technology and operational needs. Owns the technical relationship with local switches and vendors. Also entails planning, prioritizing, creating various work streams and working with cross-functional teams to achieve the program objectives aligned with the strategy and go to market plans. Risk management for the overall program will be a critical element of the role.
• Takes the lead position in planning and managing the technological and operational workstreams and initiatives to achieve switching scale
• Acts as trusted technical/operational advisor and business partner for regional senior management in the journey to leverage in network assets and accelerate customers’ digitization
• Provides each line of business a single point of contact to better align technology investments and assets to deliver expected business and financial benefits
• Owns the technical relationship with local switches and vendors and drives tech-to-tech conversations
• Develops compliance methodologies, including the creation of program charter and metrics, and communication strategies. Engages others at Mastercard in identifying various program risks, work out plans and strategies to mitigate those risks.
• Responsible for the overall program governance and operational health of the local switch assets with a futuristic view
All About You:
• Prior experience in the global payment industry and exposure to various switching systems and card management systems
• Experience in leading programs
• Must have the maturity and credibility to interact with senior executives inside and outside of Mastercard and influence senior leadership across a global, decentralized organization
• Experience working with senior business leadership to define the overall scope, objectives and strategic imperatives of the program
• Ability to embrace complexity, but deliver/articulate with simplicity
• Expertise in the areas of planning and program management with ability to integrate diverse priorities and leverage cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Exhibit thought-leadership
• Ability to evaluate budget and business cases and identify opportunities to drive optimal utilization of budget for organizational and program success
• Fluent in English and Spanish (oral, written)
• Some travel required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-91086