MasterCard Business Development Manager, Merchant Relations in Melbourne, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Business Development Manager, Merchant Relations
The Merchant Business Development Manager of Asia Pacific will focus on building the Ethoca networks base of online retailers in the Asia Pacific region.
Forging and fostering successful relationships with new and existing merchant customers across the region is the foundation of this role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to turn data into actionable intelligence and sell our services to new customers by building trusted relationships with stakeholders.
Measurable success in this role will provide the foundation for accelerated merchant participation in the Ethoca network, in turn delivering mutual, ongoing value for card issuing bank customers. If this sounds like you keep reading!
• Work with Market Development Representative to ensure methodical prospecting up to executive level (through cold /campaigns) within target customers by , phone and email
• Accurately input and track all prospecting, lead management and sales activity through Salesforce
• Provide guidance to clients and prospects on technical requirements for solution implementation
• Educate, and qualify inbound leads via phone and email to create sales-ready opportunities
• Sell/Cross Sell entire Ethoca product suite to new and existing customers
• Proactively look for opportunities to improve, optimize end-to-end lead management and other sales and marketing processes
• Conduct research into markets and merchant verticals to identify new areas of opportunity
• Consistently achieve sales bookings targets to ensure regional revenue objectives are met
• Inform and engage Regional Director as necessary about opportunities
• Schedule initial sales calls, setting suitable expectations with the potential customer in advance. Invite Regional Director to call where appropriate.
• Conduct initial customer discovery calls
• Complete Trial documentation and onboard new trial customers
• Monitor Trial Results and conduct calls where required to remediate issues
• Generate ROI documents and conduct ROI call to present results and commercials
• Negotiate contract and commercials
• Represent Ethoca at industry tradeshows, conferences and networking events
• Schedule periodic follow-ups and reviews with existing customers
• Provide first level support to new and existing customers post go-live
• Identify and understand trends within industries and customers
• Conduct demonstrations, presentations and webinars for target clients
• Ensure strong knowledge of Ethoca products, competitor landscape and industry trends
• Develop strong payments, chargebacks and fraud SME
• Approximately 10-15% travel required, with a mix of both interstate and overseas
All About You
• Effective business and financial industry conversation and presentation skills
• Strong understanding of Sales processes and methodologies
• Demonstrated success in client relationship management with strong communication skills as a credible ambassador for our organization
• Proven experience managing pilot and commercialized sales relationships
• Action-oriented, with strong planning and analytical skills, as well as rigorous attention to detail
• Capable of connecting people: ensuring peer interaction with partner organizations, deepening the level of engagement
• Existing network of contacts within the APAC retail market and specifically within Australia
• Ability to travel up to 15%
Are you an ambitious, driven, experienced and commercially aware sales leader looking for your next challenge within a fast-growing Fintech? If so, we encourage you to apply. We are offering a competitive package for high-performing candidates.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139609