MasterCard Regulatory Compliance Officer - Legal in Manila, Philippines
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Regulatory Compliance Officer - Legal
Mastercard’s Global Regulatory team is responsible for liaising with key regulators and law enforcement officials for the purpose of preventing or minimizing the impact of adverse regulations on the company’s profitability and growth potential. This newly created position will play a key role in supporting the strategic development & implementation of regulatory infrastructure and the compilation of regulatory submissions and correspondence within the Mastercard Asia/Pacific region with a particular focus on the Philippines. This position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Regulatory Affairs Asia/Pacific and the VP Global Regulatory Operations & Compliance based in Purchase (US). This position is part of the Global Regulatory team from a functional perspective and the Asia/Pacific Law Franchise and Integrity team from a regional perspective.
At Mastercard we are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Ethics and Compliance are at the core of our company values and are essential to both the personal success of every Mastercard employee and to the success of the company.
The Regulatory Compliance Officer, Philippines will be responsible for leading, strengthening, extending and sustaining a successful compliance program for a regulated payment system operator in the Philippines as well as provide regulatory compliance support to other markets within the Asia/Pacific region. The role will provide expert compliance leadership and direction in order to identify and implement best practices in regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will support regulatory compliance activities for the Philippines business, serve as a Regulatory Compliance Officer within the Asia Pacific region and will work cross-functionally with his / her Mastercard colleagues including with the Regulatory Affairs team, Legal Counsel, Human Resources, Finance, Public Policy, Privacy/Data Usage, Global Ethics and Compliance and Internal Audit.
This position supports the Vice President, Regulatory Operations & Compliance and Senior Managing Counsel, Regulatory Affairs, Asia/Pacific in cascading the Global Regulatory compliance strategy within the Mastercard Asia/Pacific Region with a focus on the Philippines.
• Provide compliance support for regulated entities in the Region in co-ordination with the Senior Managing Counsel
• Oversee execution of regulatory compliance processes and controls within the Asia/Pacific business.
• Produce and maintain relevant regulatory compliance policies and departmental procedures.
• Strengthen the compliance infrastructure within the Asia Pacific business to enable the business to make informed risk-based decisions regarding new opportunities, markets, local initiatives and product and service offerings and that appropriate compliance processes and controls are developed, documented and implemented.
• Preparation of submissions to regulators ensuring accuracy and completeness and submission in line with required deadlines. Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests.
• Maintain inventories of regulatory reporting obligations, applicable regulations and controls.
• Provide oversight of the Regulatory Reporting Obligation process with the objective of ensuring that all reporting obligations are successfully completed within timelines.
• Manage compliance assurance monitoring program to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory obligations in the Asia Pacific.
• Conduct regular compliance gap analysis of internal controls to ensure compliance with various applicable laws; recommend and implement remedial actions and improvements.
• Manage and/or contribute to various projects including addressing requests for information, gap, and other assessments.
• Produce regular MI for management and other internal stakeholders.
• Act as an escalation point for regulatory compliance queries from other business areas.
• Provide compliance guidance and act as a role model for proper conduct for other business areas.
• Ensure management is adequately trained on applicable laws, regulations, and responsibilities for internal controls.
• Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
• The successful candidate must have the ability to juggle substantial competing demands and adapt to evolving priorities whilst dealing with complex issues.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills a must. Fluency in English (including specifically at the technical business level) and one other local language (both written and verbal) skills required.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Graduate of an established and reputable university
• Direct experience of regulatory compliance in a financial services or payments organization
• Track record of interaction with a local Regulator
• Track record of interaction with or support of interaction with regulators in other markets is a significant advantage
• Knowledge of local banking and payment regulation
• Knowledge and support of compliance requirements in respect of financial market infrastructure
• A self-starter and able to work in an unstructured environment
• Flexible and interested to take on the challenge of other markets in Asia/Pacific and changing responsibility over time
• Proven success in navigating multi-national organizations and operating effectively within a diverse multicultural organization
• Must demonstrate a proactive, time sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations, and responsibilities.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121780