MasterCard Vice President, Business Development Fintech - Western Europe in Madrid, Spain
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Business Development Fintech - Western Europe
Your opportunity to join an agile and high performing team to drive incremental revenue for Mastercard in Western Europe. The Fintech team is focused on identifying and building partnerships throughout the non-traditional payments value chain to achieve continual revenue growth in the vertical. These partners represent some of the most entrepreneurial and innovative organizations Mastercard works with today. Through these partnerships and the utilization of our full set of products, we are delivering new and exciting solutions to an ever evolving marketplace while driving preference for Mastercard to be partner of choice. You will report to the SVP Business Development Western Europe, taking responsibility for Fintech Business Development across the Western European markets, working with stakeholders throughout these partner organizations to drive incremental Mastercard volume and future-proofing our business. We are looking for a self-motivated, structured problem solver with a creative outlook and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that can influence others without direct authority.
• Overall Responsibility for development and management of a portfolio of strategic Fintech partners across Western Europe
• Provide support for local Business Development teams in developing and managing Fintech pipelines
• Coordination and reporting against Fintech targets across Western Europe
• Develop strong relationships and understanding of the Fintech eco-system including programme managers, processors, platforms & middleware companies. This includes partners on both side of the value chain (issuing & acquiring) as well as all relevant incubators/accelerators in the designated markets
• Drive business development opportunities and innovative commercial proposals across the portfolio, delivering increased revenue and/or market share.
• Broaden the relationship with each stakeholder to drive more strategic discussions and entrenchment with the MC brand
• Support growth of each account through Product and VAS sales
• Push Mastercard internal organisation to be more nimble to address Fintech needs (pricing, customer delivery, marketing, advisors, etc)
• Represent Mastercard at industry events and conferences to help drive the pipeline and to ensure strong brand awareness in the Fintech sector
• Become a ‘Fintech ambassador’ within Mastercard
All About You
• MBA/Business School/ Engineer
• Strong commercial acumen and ability to close deals
• Strategic mindset
• Ability to navigate through large organizations and influence without direct authority
• Acute understanding of tech companies/business and startups
• Ability to think outside the box and recognise the value of alternative thinking
• Good communicator and influencer with strong negotiation skills
• Essential to be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment with the ability to give clear direction to team and customers alike
• Demonstrate strong relationship management experience throughout all levels of customer organisations
• Ability to build and maintain internal relationships with senior management and key stakeholders across the business, gaining support for the strategic direction of the business
• Language requirement: fluent in English, other Western European languages also beneficial
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162342