MasterCard Director, Global Product Manager, Managed Services – Spend Optimization in Madrid, Spain
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Global Product Manager, Managed Services – Spend Optimization
The Data & Services organization is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Within the Data & Services organization, Loyalty and Engagement Services places Mastercard in the heart of our customers’ B2C and B2B marketing strategies. Our vision is to become the partner of choice for Issuers and Merchants leveraging our solutions to drive our Client’s most profitable customer engagements and Mastercard preference.
The Managed Services business is a product centric organization focused on developing, commercializing, managing, and enhancing differentiated offerings that leverage data and marketing technology to accelerate clients’ marketing performance and business outcomes.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven marketing products to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Role & Accountabilities
• As a product owner you will define, develop, lead, manage and scale consistent and competitively differentiated Managed Services Spend Optimization products globally to meet or exceed performance KPIs
o Define and manage product strategy, blueprint, constructs, and roadmaps, customer experience, GTM, delivery & operations, KPIs and reporting, business case & product P&L
• Apply knowledge, experience, and expertise in the creation of data-driven Spend Optimization and Lifecycle digital marketing – including data leverage, marketing strategies, experimentation, channels, technologies and measurement – to creation of scalable global products
• Identify, leverage and embed digital, marketing and marketing technology (mar-tech) needs, requirements and capabilities
• Drive growth of Spend Optimization product lines efficiently through productization and customer value creation
• Identify, advocate and champion products, roadmaps and innovation informed by a deep understanding of customer, consumer and market needs, intelligence & research
• Build competitive benchmarks to inform differentiation and localize global products
• Manage the Spend Optimization Product P&L: develop pricing model / constructs and margin guidelines in conjunction with D&S Pricing & Strategy Lead; contribute to the creation of value based pricing per each product line
• Embed MS as the preferred and recurring Spend Optimization partner for MC customers by driving our clients’ P&L better than other providers
• Identify how Spend Optimization products can be integrated with Core & Innovation products strategic goals, bundle spend optimization products with Data & Services solution in a segment-oriented approach (Issuers, Merchants, Fintech, Government)
• Bundle Spend Optimization products with D&S products and Mastercard Core products
• Create and adapt products for priority customer segments – Financial Institutions, Fintechs, Merchants, Small Business, Government
• Provide Spend Optimization and lifecycle marketing product specialization for world class data, digital marketing expertise to inform customer segments’ strategies, needs and opportunities
• Create and operationalize value measurement framework
• Create and enhance products in adherence with Studio / Product Management Excellence discipline
• Refine and optimize products, go to market and commercialization plans in partnership with regions based on measurement, results, feedback, learnings and evolving market dynamics
• Develop and support sales enablement / training and delivery blueprints and requirements to ensure consistent and scalable go-to-market and execution
• Skillfully span strategy through execution; think strategically with ability to translate to and within context of operational and execution considerations and constraints
• Engage, influence and excite internal and external stakeholders; define compelling sales narratives, case studies, training & education; extract insights through feedback loops to inform product, commercialization & optimization
• Ensure full compliance with legal, regulatory and data privacy requirements for all initiatives
• Be a go-to resource for and provide thought leadership on Spend Optimization and Lifecycle Marketing
All About You
Bring the right expertise on the intersection of tech, data, and digital marketing to deliver scalable solutions that commercialize at scale and capabilities that will future-proof the MS discipline
A customer centric, agile, insight-driven creator with strong problem-solving skills and an orientation to deliver results complements the following:
• Strong experience in digital marketing and digital marketing technology with tangible results in customer lifecycle management, customer engagement, performance marketing and CRM
• Financial rigor, commercially astute and experience managing P&Ls to successful outcomes
• Product Management, Marketing consulting and/or CRM experience driving products, strategy, execution, and measurement
• Experience starting from a blank sheet of paper, with very little "handover" or defined strategy or plans
• Be a born storyteller - superior skills to build product and sales narrative, influence and generate excitement and commercial interest among internal and external stakeholders
• Experience or openness to working in a global matrix structure, with functional experts, subject matter experts, and third parties
• Strength in product & project management
• Demonstrated results enabling superior end-to-end customer experience
• Track record in international business development, digital, marketing and product management for B2B, B2C and B2B2C in a multinational environment
• Experience in Product and Services Development and go-to-market, Customer Insights and Customer Experience transformation global strategy (Customer and Consumer journey design)
• Experience in Product and Services Development and go-to-market, Customer / Consumer Insights and Customer/Consumer Experience design and transformation, customer lifecycle and engagement strategy
• Passion for data, analytics and insights to inform, measure and continuously improve products
• Creative and curious about new digital marketing solutions and their practical application
• Collaborative; comfort leading and taking decisions without full consensus or information
• Partnership approach to integrate and commercialize assets and functionalities
• Ability to thrive in and navigate global matrixed organizations
• Self-motivated; superior personal accountability to get the job done; thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Very strong analytical acumen, verbal, and written communication skills
• Knowledge of payments, experience in new Business Models design, Digital Transformation, Innovation, Financial evaluation is a plus
• A hustling, entrepreneurial attitude and energy, enthusiasm, grit, resilience, and ideas, pragmatism, and an attitude that values momentum over perfection
Role can be based in any major European city or East Coast US ideally.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125903