MasterCard Customer Technical Architect in Madrid, Spain
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Customer Technical Architect
The Customer Solutions Center is a new structure which enables Mastercard to develop better solutions
& bundles for prioritized customer segments in markets.
It is the housing for all Mastercard capabilities in a geography, and it aims to drive Mastercard growth
and revenue by creating and selling compelling data-driven, scalable needs-based solutions to new and
existing customers by tapping into Mastercard’s extensive toolbox of products and services offerings.
The Customer Solution Center Technical Architect is provider of deep expertise on solution architecture to ensure feasibility of bespoke implementation. Working together with solution architect and solution
specialists, Technical Architect understands details of proposed bundles & solutions to manage technical implications and to assess how they can be implemented with clients.
The Technical Architect reports to Western Europe Senior Technical Architect.
Key Responsibilities :
- Act as a technology expert for their geography or segment portfolio:
• Understand clients’ needs and current technological stack
• Closely coordinate with solution specialists to understand product functional capabilities and
technical integration requirements
• Works with solution architect and solution specialists to recommend new needs-based solutions
& bundles to customers to address key customer “pain points.”
• Provide internal intel to the CSCL/Solution Architect on what is ready and roadmap timelines
from a technology perspective
Support CSC value proposition development and sale:
• Defines a locally relevant and globally scalable solution design based on existing Mastercard and
partner 3rd party assets.
• Provides techno-functional support in pre-sales narrative development and client conversations
• Leads pre-scoping, pre-sales technical discovery and mapping to client environment
• Map technical specifications of the proposed solution to the client architecture
• Bring technology related budget discussions, in collaboration with Finance, to SA and squad
team for problem solving
• Identifies, readies and manages the local system integrators required to roll-out the new
solutions/products in the market
• Collaborate with the appropriate client teams to develop integration methodology of the new
solution in the client environment
• Closely coordinate with Market Delivery/TAMs or O&T Technical Consultants to ensure that
post-sales handover is smooth
• Manage handover to the implementation teams of MA and clients to ensure that the right
technical integration roadmap has been laid out
• Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions related to proposed value propositions
Knowledge, insights and best practice sharing:
• Shares best practices with Technical Architect community
• Provides input to the product/solution groups and technology leads to enhance their
product/solution and platforms to meet the needs of customer sin the market
All about You
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information
Systems or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
• Operational /technical background within the payments and financial services industries.
• Prior Implementation, product management experience in payments domain platforms like
Issuer processing, acquirer processing products is an advantage.
• Prior technical/integration experience with payment ecosystem players (Merchants, PSP, Loyalty
Platforms, Gateway’s, Acquirers & Commerce Providers)
• Experience in product development and/or business analysis
• Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification and the ability to balance
tactical commercial needs against the needs of strategic Product & architecture
• Understanding of APIs or working in new product development/innovation departments
• Prior knowledge of Mastercard Products and Services is a plus
• Problem solving, product documentation, and project management skills.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163419