MasterCard VP Human Resurces Business Partner in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
VP Human Resurces Business Partner
Vice President, Senior Human Resources Business Partner
To support the various business management teams to achieve their business goals, through the implementation and adaptation of corporate/regional/local market HR strategies and initiatives. Act as a strategic partner, change agent and business partner with senior management team to assess the HR impact and implications, based on market business plans. This should be progressed on a short and longer term basis, in order to continue the journey towards building the organization as a high performing and ‘most admired’ Company.
Translate the strategy and plans to determine priorities, initiatives, projects and resources required to deliver against the business strategy and goals across all HR areas, including: organization design and development, resourcing, talent acquisition, cultural change, talent management development and succession planning, compensation and employee relations.
The Senior HR Business Leader is part of the European HR leadership team (EHRLT) and supports all functions in the UK and Nordics & Baltics; having a dual line reporting relationship with the UK, Ireland, Nordics & Baltics (UKI,N&B) Divisional President, and is an important member of the UKINB Senior Management team.
Key accountabilities of the role:
• Partner with Senior Management and people managers, to ensure alignment and implementation of Europe business and HR strategies, policies and programmes, and create and deliver cost effective HR solutions for complex, strategic business issues.
• Partner with Senior Management and people managers to provide strategic direction and delivery related to organisational design, talent acquisition, succession management, talent management and development, employee relations matters, resource planning, compensation and benefits, and performance management.
• Build and develop leadership capabilities, to improve leadership, succession and people management effectiveness through coaching, identifying programmes and facilitating team sessions to raise the bar on performance.
• Act as an ‘agent of Change’ and drive culture change, in order to meet longer term business goals, strategies and revenue targets.
• Support the UKINB Divisional President and European Market Development Exec in strategic initiatives, cultural change, communications strategies and, management of the matrix structure.
• Manage employee relationships on a proactive basis, with a business oriented approach, and employee relations matters, consistent with local market practices and legislation.
• Manage and monitor the headcount and personnel budgets for the UKIN&B Division. Make cost effective business/personnel related decisions including compensation, benefits and hiring decisions, in line with the personnel budget.
• Implementing and monitoring Mastercard Performance Management and Career processes, to develop a performance driven culture. Facilitating the identification and management of High Potential individuals and identifying training, education and development needs and providing appropriate solutions, tailored to meet the needs of individual businesses.
• Provide a solid assessment on current and future employee potential; complete comprehensive Talent Reviews and succession plans; identify and be aware of potential Talent at all levels of the organisation
• Manage a small team of HR professionals, both on a solid and matrix reporting structure, being able to deliver effective solutions to client partner needs and to contribute to the achievement of the European Business, Functional and HR objectives.
• Represent the company in external HR-related events and forums.
Qualifications and Competencies:
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
• Solid experience in an international commercial context, covering a variety of areas such as talent development and management, employee relations, organizational development, change management and compensation.
• By preference, a Business Education to degree level in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology etc, or an equivalent level qualification with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
• Demonstrates strategic agility, sets priorities in line with broader business requirements
• Openly promotes leadership and cooperation across the organization; actively works to remove barriers to collaboration; works effectively across international boundaries and through a matrix environment.
• Team work and inspires a high level of accountability, drive and motivation across the entire team
• Influencing skills and demonstrates exceptional issue management skills; uses a variety of techniques and methods to reach effective solutions
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Decisive and leads by example; demonstrates managerial courage and serves as a role model for the broader Mastercard Values and sense of Decency
• Drives for results; encourages decisions, processes and outcomes of the highest quality
• Establishes performance goals and expectations that stretch the team and consistently lead to high levels of individual and team performance
• Motivates others to change efforts, by focusing on shared values and goals
• Provides frequent and on-going feedback that is specific, insightful and timely, works to address gaps in performance quickly and in their early stages
• Partner focused results and solution orientation, with the ability to drive and manage change and work through adversity and ambiguity.
• Leads a small team of HR professionals, in terms of coaching, performance management, rewarding, development and motivation
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-88930