MasterCard Vice President, Strategic Initiatives in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
The Cyber & Intelligence solutions group (C&I) leads Mastercard’s efforts to develop new customer solutions that build trust in the converging worlds of physical-world payments, digital payments and cybersecurity. C&I provides solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, digital identity, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things and fraud management. Our customers include issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors, governments and consumers. We are creating competitive advantage for Mastercard through the innovation of highly differentiated new solutions.
This position will report to the SVP Strategy & Partnerships. The role will support the C&I senior leadership team in developing business unit and product-level strategy across all C&I areas of focus (cybersecurity, AI, identity etc.).
• Develop board-level growth strategies, leveraging market insight and analysis
• Define structure and execute strategic initiatives through the development of work plans, gathering and generation of relevant data, driving analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations
• Support the development of innovative solution strategies to a diverse range of complex market/industry challenges
• Help develop formal recommendations for presentation to senior leadership teams (e.g. CEO, Management Committee and Board).
• Design and execute analytics for evaluating business issues
• The role will require some international travel (20%)
• Multiple years of experience at a top-tier strategy consultancy.
• Experience in payments, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence markets an asset
• Excellent business analysis and problem-solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including communicating thoughts, ideas, and solutions logically in oral and written forms
• Aptitude in facilitating dialogue, challenging and guiding thinking in influencing senior executives
• Experience managing complex projects concurrently and delivering timely results / impact under tight timelines.
• Demonstrated multi-disciplinary knowledge, e.g., marketing, operations, and emerging technologies
• Relationship building skills across all levels to foster credibility and trust.
• Must have a demonstrated style that includes a high sense of urgency, ability to think analytically and precisely, and the ability to take thoughtful risks with imperfect knowledge.
• Strong collaborative skills with ability to be effective outside the business unit and without need for reporting relationships.
• MBA preferred.
Key Words: Senior Engagement Manager, Senior Project Leader, Principal, Associate Partner
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96564