MasterCard Vice President, Real Time Payments Product Management Infrastructure & Innovator in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Real Time Payments Product Management Infrastructure & Innovator
This role is a critical component in supporting the creation of a successful and scalable global product line that is able to respond to and leverage the significant benefits associated with NPP within MasterCard.
This senior role leads a team that is focused on supporting both the Product teams and manages global customers and stakeholders. Leading a team of analysts with global reach, the role will be accountable for ensuring that the pre-sales and elaboration teams have all the expertise and related collateral from infrastructure product to execute a successful transition from pre-sales to elaboration and build– maintaining the commerciality of the deal through control of scope and commercially efficient innovative solutions and producing accurate artefacts from the elaboration in conjunction with product commercialisation that allows for customer alignment and subsequent training as well as efficient product development .
The Vice President is accountable for the product integrity and build standards around Core product technical requirements for both customer facing engagements and implementation strategy for NPP infrastructure product suite.
The role is also responsible for leading the thinking on emerging industry trends to drive innovation across our Infrastructure product suite. For example, Central Bank Digital Currency, multi-rail and cross border interoperability and working close with our technology partners and customers on our evolution to cloud.
Job Specific Skills
The Vice President is responsible for ensuring that all business targets are met and that the Business Unit’s annual budget is achieved through the successful implementation of our products and services.
• To supervise and develop a high performing team across many challenging implementations and circumstances. Ensuring compliance to internal processes and coaching and developing organizational resource
• To foster a world class expertise in payment infrastructure in the team and in our products and in the customer facing engagement.
• Accountability for ensuring that the Business has the right product implementation assets, in the right markets, at the right time to achieve the business’ strategic objectives.
• Acting as the product expert for client elaborations and managing the delta between core product roadmap, and influencing the customer to best industry practice
• Acts as an expert, advocate and champion in Industry forums and conferences
• Oversees the development of training and other product support materials for Infrastructure staff and collateral
• Identifies, evaluates and prioritizes business cases for new business and product opportunities, and builds business models to improve MasterCard's footprint, competitiveness and efficiency and ensures our infrastructure products reflects and beats best industry practice
• Supporting the region and client facing teams with Client forums and events that demonstrate coordinated feedback and input to support product evolution.
• Leverage regional knowledge to drive innovation and product development uses all global learning
• To motivate, inspire and give clear direction to cross functional teams to encourage exceptional product knowledge and innovation
• Lead product teams to develop an infrastructure and messaging strategy that underpins the business strategy
• Manage internal and external training -ensuring a self-help curriculum with exceptional collateral and a program of workshops and sessions to enhance learning and training with staff and customers
All about You
• A leader with outstanding stakeholder and customer management and influencing skills and the proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional objectives.
• Sensitivity to a diverse range of cultural and regional idiosyncrasies to foster a positive spirit of collaboration between the customer & region and global product
• Excellence in customer needs analysis and market focus, throughout the end to end product implementations life cycle ownership – ensuring that both best practice and customer are considered in strategy and product development
• Being an expert in industry application of infrastructure standards and other market matters such as target market characteristics, market trends in ISO 20022 standards, API usage, settlement methods and standards, , competition, technological landscape
• Being at the forefront of industry trends an expert in the application of technology to achieve business results
• Technically pragmatic and flexible with Innovative approach
• Represent Infrastructure Product on strategic meetings around solutions and functional requirements with Customers
• Industry thought leader with reputation in market and experience presenting in the global payments industry and the ability to influence clients and market experts around best practice
• A communicator and influencer, from board level through to technical level.
• An agile mind with the ability to absorb and interpret technical and business information.
• A builder of bridges who can identify a route to a solution across a complex environment. A ‘can-do’ and ‘will-do’ attitude. The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
• A commercial focus that leads to corporate growth through proven experience of business case development, revenue generation and cost control.
• An in depth understanding, coupled with the ability to mentor others, on the Product Management Life-Cycle.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-134177