MasterCard Vice President, Business Development, C&I Segments & Solutions in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Business Development, C&I Segments & Solutions
Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for partners across the globe. Are you looking for your next big challenge? If you feel ready to manage a highly talented team to create and implement stronger customer engagement across all segments and with all regions then read on.
The Vice President, Business Development, C&I Segments & Solutions is a critical, highly visible leadership position with potential for huge impact as we go through business transformation. Responsible for helping develop and then implement the global Segment to Solution strategy for C&I’s strategic customer base you will be charged with influencing best in class regional engagement.
This role will lead three customer facing teams that manage strategic relationships for our Issuer/Bank, Merchant and Channel Partner segments. In addition to being customer orientated, the team is responsible for implementing the global solution strategy across various internal stakeholders, including global product teams, regional C&I partners and customer account managers. This is a unique opportunity that works across product verticals, regions and segments to influence some of the most well known and successful brands in eCommerce and Banking.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and who has had measurable success delivering value to their customers and Mastercard through well designed and implemented strategies. Additionally, this leader should be comfortable managing and adapting to ambiguity in a fast paced & growing environment with the ability to set goals and deliver tangible results as well as motivate their team to deliver in a high growth division.
• Be a conduit for market and customer dynamic collaboration with senior leadership across Mastercard; implement customer point of view feedback to refine our solution based go-to-market strategy.
• Apply your passion for leadership and people development to lead our Customer Solutions team to delivering greater value to our customers and internal stakeholders.
• Support existing customers and identify new opportunities to drive customer performance and C&I revenue; to build a short- and long-term pipeline of strategic deals to support our growth and scale (i.e., assess, identify, qualify, and shape new customer opportunities); and to drive market preparation activities with market leads
• Evangelize the Segment & Solution GTM strategy, acting as subject matter expert representing the global product team to train internal teams and represent Mastercard at external customer meetings and events.
• Use consultative selling process to identify customer needs and deliver solutions that drive value for both Mastercard and our customers; export consultative and data driven selling processes to regional and account teams.
• Collaborate with internal and external customers including merchants, issuers, digital partners, payment service providers, and acquirers to develop and inform the product & GTM roadmap.
• Be ready and willing to be a key point of contact and inclusion in strategy decision making forums and a compelling voice for positive change
• Coordinates with all relevant cross-functional groups to develop compelling business cases and deliver quantifiable solutions for customers and prospects based on customer needs and requirements
• Manage and grow a motivated, high performing team with a global reach.
• Ensure teams targets and performance metrics align with group and company objectives and that the proper tools are in place to help achieve those targets.
• Research and surface critical information about key customers that will be used to develop new business opportunities.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Significant experience managing a customer focused, revenue growth team with demonstrable success delivering on growth/acceleration targets. Experience in developing and translating strategies into product launches, sales narratives and/or implementation plans across multiple markets. Global experience is a plus.
• Effective cross-functional collaborator to help influence internal stakeholders to align on mutually beneficial priorities and strategies.
• Highly developed understanding of account management and business development managing and/or selling to tier 1 & 2 customers including managing RFP’s, ROI’s, opportunity pipelines, etc.
• Excellent business acumen, strategic thinking, people management and relationship building skills.
• Action oriented, strategic thinker with excellent verbal communication; comfortable presenting, influencing, and negotiating, able to shift gears for audiences from different business disciplines of varying technical knowledge.
• Self-starter and highly organized, fostering a positive team culture while being open and creative.
• Be a catalyst for positive change in order to drive success.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142283