MasterCard Tech Risk Controls and Compliance Leader in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Tech Risk Controls and Compliance Leader
Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting the internal control posture. The team assesses internal controls to proactively identify risks, define remediation actions and track remediation efforts. We are looking for someone to join our team and help us meet these compliance goals. This person will be a technically savvy person who likes to solve issues and drive outcomes.
• Engage with internal and external customers to develop security and control frameworks to ensure expectations of assurance is met for various certifications (e.g., PCI DSS and various ISOs).
• Work with internal partners to build ISMS for new areas of the company and achieve ISO 27001 certification
• Engage with the auditors to develop, mature, and then test the control framework to ensure objectives are met and risk is managed effectively
• Communicate security risks and gaps as related to or identified by control frameworks (PCI, ISO, etc.) to stakeholders and executive management
• Support the development of efficiencies that new work-flow processes to ensure scalability and sustainability of the control programs
• Develop, plan, and execute control assessments of various operational and business areas to assess potential risks or control gaps
• Establish and track remediation internally and externally through to resolution whilst improving design and operational effectiveness of controls
• Develop and manage risk processes, including identifying and implementing best practices and ensuring all processes are documented, reviewed and updated regularly
• Manage internal control inquiries from both internal and external stakeholders
• Experience successfully implementing control frameworks. Experience implementing ISO 27001 especially desirable
• IT Audit background a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field preferred
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization
• Professional certification like CISSP/CISA/CRISC or similar desirable
• Contribute to work environment that encourages knowledge of respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
• The ability to push back and challenge decisions
• Strong negotiation and consensus building skills
• Familiarity with the financial services industry and payment processing industry, a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141442