MasterCard Solutions Architect - API & Solutions Design in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Solutions Architect - API & Solutions Design
Director - Product Design Architect
The Product Design & Architecture Team owns the logical design for Mastercard’s Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) platform, and is responsible for designing and developing the Digital platform to be capable of supporting all commercial propositions that will leverage SRC. The role of Director – Product Design Architect – will lead the logical design and specification for multiple SRC product platform domains.
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
• Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
• Have you developed a digital product roadmap?
• Works with Product Management to create and validate inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into logical solution designs that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Delivers platform product and associated artefacts that set the standard for engineering excellence and technical product management including API designs, solutions architecture definitions and specifications, including contributions for industry specifications, e.g. EMVCo, W3C
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Acts as the voice of the business customer and accountable for multiple product platform domain services
• Dive deep into the domain and competitive landscape; may lead company-wide decision making for the platform product domain
• Consult with others on design reviews, product requirements, and acceptance criteria
• Ensures technical, customer, and business goals are in line with business requirements
• Balance trade-offs between competing interests using judgement, data, and experience
• Tackle hard problems in new spaces, bringing clarity to ambiguity and complexity and demonstrating ways to simplify
All About You
• Can deliver high quality product architecture artefacts in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
• Demonstrates ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Extensive experience designing and delivering technical platform products
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Demonstrates effective communication to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167717