MasterCard Software Engineering Manager in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Software Engineering Manager
Manager, Software Engineering – Exiting opportunity for Java Technical lead to work on Payments domain leading a team of Java Developers as well as managing an offshore team. You will be responsible for recruiting & mentoring the team, performing Scrum & project management of all development work, overseeing the development of User Stories, creating development specification briefs for outsourced work, and performing code reviews. This is a vital role responsible to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge on Java technologies (Core Java, Spring, Hibernate , REST/SOAP web services)
• Excellent Database[Oracle] and SQL skills
• Development Tool Kit (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Atlassian suite)
• Excellent approach to Solution and architect the application for scalability and future demands
• Experience in Test-Driven Development (TDD)/Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD
• Strong knowledge of Automated build and deployment, Continuous Integration
• Participate in Technical Design activity across the various technology domain specific teams involved to ensure that the overall Technical Design is complete and in line with Non Functional Requirements, Solution Architecture and System Functional Design specifications
• Desire to continuously improve craft of software development while adhering to best practices and standards
• Liaise with Technical lead, Solution Architects, Product Managers, Release Managers and Application services and testing teams as applicable to ensure quality delivery
• All aspects of scrum & project management for the software development activities in both internal & external teams (eg backlog grooming, agile process ownership, sprint planning, capacity measurement, etc.)
• HR & staff line-management as well as responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, mentoring, and appraising staff.
• Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-75994