MasterCard Senior Technology Auditor in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Technology Auditor
Who are Mastercard and Vocalink?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Vocalink became a Mastercard company in 2017. Our technologies power the UK’s real-time payment, batch payment and cheque image clearing services and 55,000 ATMs. We also provide payment services in Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, Peru and the USA. In the UK, we process over 90% of salaries, more than 70% of household bills, and almost all state benefits.
The Internal Audit Department provides independent and objective assurance and advisory services to assess and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Mastercard - Vocalink governance, risk management and internal control processes.
The Senior Technology Auditor will be responsible for executing IT and operational audits and supporting the department’s integrated risk assessment and plan development.
• Understand the business and technology environment; partner with stakeholders to provide relationship management of the associated risk and control environment
• Contribute to the audit universe, annual risk assessment process and the development of the annual audit plan
• Evaluate compliance against legal, regulatory, policy and procedural requirements, and industry frameworks
• Assess design and operating effectiveness of controls through inquiry, observation, and inspection testing
• Identify, draft, and vet issues with business partners, accounting for impact, root cause, and risk severity
• Work with issue owners to drive the development of sustainable actions to remediate issues; regularly monitor issue progress and validate closure
• Provide credible challenge to stakeholders in all areas of audit coverage
All About You:
• Technology or Technology Risk Management professional (first/second line of defense, internal / external audit) or equivalent experience or exposure to both infrastructure and applications
• Knowledge of IT general computer controls, Information Security controls, and related processes and frameworks (i.e. NIST, COBIT, COSO, ISO)
• Knowledge of third party assurance reporting and frameworks (SOC, ISAE3000) is a plus
• Exposure to multiple computing environments (i.e. Mainframe, UNIX/Linux, HP Nonstop, Windows)
• Payments and digital commerce/e-commerce knowledge and experience is a plus
• Professional credentials (e.g., CIA, CISA, CISSP, or equivalent) are a plus
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and consistently meet established deadlines
• Travel up to 20%
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131369