MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
We build analytically intensive software on top of vast amounts of data served securely over the web to many of the world's largest organizations. At Mastercard, QA Engineers work directly with software engineers in small teams and are deeply engaged throughout the entire development process. They are directly responsible for ensuring great products and analytics for our clients Innovation is also a key facet in the role. QA Engineers are expected to never settle for the status quo in how Mastercard approaches its testing challenges and always look for ways to accelerate or improve the testing tactics taken.
This position is based out of our London, Canary Wharf Office, but will also involve working closely with our colleges in Arlington, VA.
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
• Developing functional and non-functional test automation frameworks
• Bring quality in CI/CD pipelines for delivery
•Test automation development
• Build and maintain QA scripts using automation tools and development languages (predominantly C#, Java, VB, Python; Framework- Specflow, Selenium)
• Manage and deliver against the QA functional / non-functional Automation framework
• Select and develop appropriate QA automation tools to support our environment
• Management of our DevOps pipeline and supporting tests
• Automate performance testing (Toolkit- Jmeter, HP Load balancer)
• Ensure proper traceability, version control and configuration management of all test objects developed using tools such as SonarQube, Git
• Assess the feasibility and ROI for automated testing and communicate benefits and wins in business language
• Report progress and provide any metrics or reports required to support the QA Manager & Leads
• Accurately and comprehensively record defects discovered during execution of QA cases
• Monitoring of QA activities across all projects to ensure successful improvements
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Experience as a QA lead, QA engineer, Software Engineer in Test, Test Automation engineer, Developer or related occupation, leveraging software QA tools and processes.
• Experience with a variety of different testing methodologies such as TDD, BDD and ATDD
• Must have prior experience on testing a web application in and out – Front end and Back end. Should have basic knowledge of writing SQL queries, testing web API calls and UI testing.
• The candidate must understand and have prior experience in carrying out different types of testing i.e. Unit, SIT, Regression, UAT, Compatibility, Performance, Security etc.
• Experience in designing and implementing automated testing infrastructure . Must have built a test automation framework.
• Should have worked on Selenium framework (Webdriver, Webdriver IO, Specflow)
• Good knowledge of the Agile development methodology and experience in using test tools such as Jira , Rally ALM, Confluence
• Must have worked on at least one version management tool (preference – GIT) and CI/CD tool (preference- Jenkins)
• Knowledge of relational database in respect to maintain quality throughout data pipelines.
• Knowledge on web analytics tool such as Splunk (desirable)
• Quality conscious, analytical, proactive and flexible.
• Highly motivated professional with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Individuals who are curious, creative, and love open-ended problems
• Demonstrated analytical / quantitative aptitude
• Team first attitude, dedicated to team success
• Keen sense of prioritization and ability to time
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-103959